You can't fix stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anti-gun BBC.....they are all about banning any form of weapons. It's a UK thing. That said...the parents should have their firearms away from the kids. DUH

Last edited:
I realize that. But..this [censored] helps give them a measure of credibility to some (not me) and self assurance to those that their anti-gun stance has merit.

Yeah I bet that man doesn't leave his gun lying out where a 3 year old can get hold of it again.

The 3-year old may have known exactly what he was doing.

The intelligence and desire to be responsible gun owners, is too often lacking in our society.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
AS I've said before, a little kid can make a revolver go off.

The same can be said about semi-autos. The irresponsible gun owner is the problem, not the style of gun. Would a Glock be more difficult for a small child to fire?

Gun owners biggest enemy is irresponsible gun owners.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
Originally Posted By: totegoat
The 3-year old may have known exactly what he was doing.

What ?

Yah, dagnamit, I want the extra cheese or I shoot your @$$ off!

Originally Posted By: Doog
Anti-gun BBC.....they are all about banning any form of weapons. It's a UK thing. That said...the parents should have their firearms away from the kids. DUH

The "UK thing" proves a point. Gun crime in the UK has risen since the firearms ban, for instance it is reported that there was a gun crime increase of almost 90% between 1999 and 2009. Of course this is not a fact that politicians want to hear so it is not widely publicised. The most dangerous cities for gun crime are London, Manchester, Nottingham, and Birmingham.

Originally Posted By: Kuato
Yeah I bet that man doesn't leave his gun lying out where a 3 year old can get hold of it again.

The "man" is a unemployed felon that shouldn't have access to guns anyways. Mom, dad, grandma, two pit bulls, a 3 year old and a 2 year old live in a one room hotel room. And mom is pregnant with kid number 3 too. Mom bought the gun one day before she was shot with it. They kept a loaded firearm within reach of two small children. They own an Apple Ipad tablet and a gun, yet they cant afford to get a place of their own and pay rent.

Basically, the parents are a bunch of idiots and I pray the kids are removed from them and given to loving homes where they can receive proper care. They are doomed if they are raised by tweedle dee and tweedle dum.

Originally Posted By: Al
I realize that. But..this [censored] helps give them a measure of credibility to some (not me) and self assurance to those that their anti-gun stance has merit.

It is the BBC. Most of the audience in the USA that read this are like NPR listeners....left leaning in their politics and are already set in their views. The British readers and the BBC just like to feel morally superior to us bloody colonials. The Brits still have quite the ego about them despite the fact they have very little to back it up with. Their empire is long gone, they are not the leading economic power in Europe, and they have huge problems domestically. I know several quite a few Brits living here now that never want to go back.

Last edited:

I agree, but I didn't see where it said what type of gun it was in that article.

Anti-gun BBC..

What was not factual about that article? I did not see any opinion or comment added.

Originally Posted By: Kiwi_ME
Anti-gun BBC..

What was not factual about that article? I did not see any opinion or comment added.

They and other Brit news outlets are always on the lookout for these stories. This is not international news. We do not publish shooting stories from other countries unless it is a mass murder situation like happened in Scandinavia several years ago. You have to remember that bias need not be the way it is written, but simply on what stories you choose to tell and to avoid telling. It sets a narrative on its own.

My H&K queeze cocker P8 is pretty kid safe, however not teenager safe. Any unsecured gun is a risk. You have to decide how to manage it as safe as you can. You have to teach your kids at an early age exactly what a gun can do, don't let curiosity get the best of them. A locked up gun does nothing in a emergency. An unlocked gun is risky, a loaded p urse not put up and away is just stupid... Each person has to decide how to manage the risk. I keep the unlocked gun up high and do not let the kids know where it is and then its the squeeze cocker as well. I keep another in a fingertip safe next to my bed. Hope I never have to use either and more so hope a kid never get ahold of either but if they do I know they have a clue.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Robenstein
Originally Posted By: Kiwi_ME
Anti-gun BBC..

They and other Brit news outlets are always on the lookout for these stories. This is not international news. We do not publish shooting stories from other countries unless it is a mass murder situation like happened in Scandinavia several years ago. You have to remember that bias need not be the way it is written, but simply on what stories you choose to tell and to avoid telling. It sets a narrative on its own.

A great deal of UK gun crime is either not reported or hardly mentioned by the media. Another problem is the 'massaging' of figures.
The Crime Prevention Research Center reports that the immediate effect following the gun ban was in fact a 50% increase in homicide rates. Following the ban "the homicide rate only began falling when there was a large increase in the number of police officers during 2003/2004. However the murder rate still remained higher than the pre-ban rate".
The counting methods also distort the figures. For instance in 2012 the US murder rate is reported as 4.7 per 100,000 but using the UK method of counting that would reduce to 2.26 per 100,000.
The UK generally is anti-gun and the media report in a way that supports that point of view.

Originally Posted By: whip

The same can be said about semi-autos. The irresponsible gun owner is the problem, not the style of gun. Would a Glock be more difficult for a small child to fire? A 1911, which comes with a grip safety and a standard safety, with an empty chamber
requiring the slide to be operated to chamber a round is a bit of a puzzle for a three year old.

Gun owners biggest enemy is irresponsible gun owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back