Creamic/cf/titanium pocket knife

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHZR2

Staff member
I saw a Boker plus folding pocket knife on Amazon that peaked my interest. It was carbon fiber in the handle (there also were titanium and G10 versions) and a ceramic blade.

Problem was: COO China. Not as interested for $50.

I'm not in need of one,mans can wait for something that peaks my interest.

But so does anyone have any leads on first world made ceramic pocket knives with cf or ti handles that are decent?

Thanks!

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
I saw a Boker plus folding pocket knife on Amazon that peaked my interest. It was carbon fiber in the handle (there also were titanium and G10 versions) and a ceramic blade.

Problem was: COO China. Not as interested for $50.

I'm not in need of one,mans can wait for something that peaks my interest.

But so does anyone have any leads on first world made ceramic pocket knives with cf or ti handles that are decent?

Thanks!
Can ya get on a plane with it?

Doubt it. I'll bet the liner for locking and the belt clip are stainless or similar.

I'm not worried about TSA regulations unless I forget to leave it at home.

I am not a fan of ceramic blades. I am into sharpening and they are much harder to sharpen unless you have the right equipment (though, they will hold their edge longer). You have to be careful what you cut with them because flexing the blade can result in breakage. If you drop one on the floor it can break. They might be entertaining as kitchen knives, but a folding knife sees a harder life, generally, so I am not enthused about trying one in that form.

A lot of "American" branded knives are made in China. There are actually several Chinese manufacturers making excellent knives these days. Sanrenmu comes to mind. Some of them are selling under their own name now and you can get a lot of knife for the money.

Novel steels with hardness over 60? No. You'll still spend bucks for those. I have been impressed with the fit and finish and materials used in sub $20 knives I have bought from China.

The following are companies I KNOW make at least some of their knives in China; Buck, Gerber, Spiderco, Kershaw, and Boker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back