one oil for all

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm considering using one oil for all my stuff. Truck normally takes 15w40. Jeep can use 15w40 but 10w30 is recommended.

Wife's Tahoe takes 5w30 but I run 10w 30 in in it often. Thinking of going with a hdeo 10w30 or 15w40 in all.polaris wants 2w50 synthetic and my quad 10w40 but the 15w40's work well in them.

I'm in the desert so extreme cold starts don't happen here.usually no colder than low 20's and that's rare.

Any issues with the Tahoe and a 15w40?

So the thinnest requirement is xw-30, and the thickest is 20w-50 synthetic? I wouldn't try this experiment, honestly. Seems like too much of a spread.

Are you looking for a synthetic or conventional oil?

For synthetics I'd say M1 or Castrol 0w-40, both are on the thin side so they're kind of like thick 30 weights. They're also very robust oils. Another alternative is Rotella T6 5w-40

15w-40 would be an economical choice for all. I know people that use 15w-40 in all their vehicles and outdoor power equipment. I would not recommend it for cold climates or cars that recommend 0W-20 or newer cars still under warranty.

T5 or T6 would be my pick.

I tried the one oil for all thing once.. It lasted for 1 car.
smile.gif

Rotella 15w40. Many municipalities service all vehicles from police cars to trucks to ambulances etc with Rotella. Buy the 2.5 gallon jugs or 5 gallon pails.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back