Insane Restoration/ Modification Video of a Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of mine had one after we were in high school. Her's was solid black like a london taxi. It was a blast to drive.

A Good part of this project is to show just what the company Bad Obsession Motorsport can do.
And they are impressive!

However, after watching 5 episodes I have to wonder how well the finished car will work.

They have moved back the Firewall quite a bit, I would imagine the seats would have to be moved back almost to where the back seat was originally installed.
There is also a lot of weight added to the car.
The car will not handle like a Mini. How will it handle?

Obviously the car is no longer a Mini, but something else, with a Mini shell over the top.
Considering that, would it not have been easier to strip the Mini's body to the upper part of the shell, then construct a new frame/floor pan around the Toyota's shortened drive train, then drop the Mini body over the top, and Fill in and brace as required?

I'm not knocking them for their talent.
But, I guess a project like this will always raise a thousand Why's.
No wonder they did not care how rusty the car was when they started.
There is not much original car left!

I was disappointed that episode 8 still left us hanging. It's amazing what one can accomplish with skill, unlimited time, and the proper tools and venue.

Originally Posted By: DBMaster
I was disappointed that episode 8 still left us hanging. It's amazing what one can accomplish with skill, unlimited time, and the proper tools and venue.

I think the series is ongoing, the car is not finished yet.

They are selling Tea Mugs and T shirts to fund it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back