Boat ramps michelin ltx vs michelin touring?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The weight transfer on a RWD is TO the drive wheels going up hill. One thing a FrontWD car can't do well is climb steep hills. I've BACKED up a slippery hill near my home when necessary.

Last edited:
I'll never spend another dime on any Michelin tires.

But that's just me....
wink.gif

I would select a tire that has an abundance of very fine siping similar to a ContiProContact for this use (not necessarily recommending this tire, just the tread pattern/design).

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
I'll never spend another dime on any Michelin tires.

But that's just me....
wink.gif

I'm sure the Michelin will work miracles for his application!
smile.gif
They are designed by a divine source.

I knew I wanted LTX for my truck and it was verified when I helped my neighbor pull his boat out with his truck. V6 2WD Silverado pulled his classic Mark Twain I/O up the ramp with ease. My truck with the [censored] Goodyear Wrangler ST would have required clicking into 4WD to do it. I have Costco version of the LTX on my truck now and rarely have to use 4WD. I considered the Latitude Tour tires also but am glad I got the LTX clones, they do it all.

Our new Ram already has us talking about getting rid of the giant factory Goodyears. Their wet road performance is noticeably lower than our LTX MS2's have spoiled us with...

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
LTX MS or AT?

I have the LTX MS2 on a F150 4x4. They do a fantastic job on snow and slippery road surfaces. The only advantage to ATs would be if you spent time on loose surfaces (dirt two tracks, for example).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back