Picked up a floor jack for sports cars-

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those about Vettes and such. A low-long reach jack as what's needed to get under and reach a structural cross member-and not much out there. In fact the ATD 7325 and it's clone-Omega 29023 are about it. My wife runs a Nissan 350 in summer and I also have some 'low down' summer stuff that take multiple steps and horsing around to get a normal jack under and the vehicle in the air for a simple oil change. These jacks are heavy Taiwan specials and I can now reach the 30" to the job in one step. These are not especially well lubed after assembly, so I spent time doing that and 'exersizing' before putting it to work. Hope it does as well as my Wards sourced 1975 nippon special!

Hello, Funny about jacks.
You'd think they'd be height classified and simply come in sizes.
If a company like Harbor Freight offers low jacks then the others must as well-or at least have the "necessary clearance" stat available. Kira

There are plenty of 'low' jacks, but they lack the 'reach'-well they may reach, but the pivot point for jacking is still under the car-so not much use. This thing is derated to 2 ton with the longer lever arm and the effort is a bit more than some even with a 52" handle=it's a long, heavy dude so not great for tight quarters. For a test I slid it under and lifted up the pass side of my wife's Malbu from the driver's side-kinda different!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back