Where to buy Volvo S40 brake pads & rotors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2005, S40 T5 that I need to buy some pads and rotors for (all 4 wheels).

Does anyone have a recommendation for some quality parts for a good price? For my Toyota, I use rockauto.com, but I'm not sure if that's also a good place to shop for the Volvo, or if there's somewhere better?

Thank you,
Ed

Rock auto has a ton of pads and rotors for your model car. You just have to watch the shipping prices. Sounds like you are not sure what brand you want to use, i might browse some volvo forums.

Last edited:
Rock Auto sometimes has cheaper prices (with discount codes usually listed on this site) for Akebono..a brand I use on my sons "toy" C30 T5 and other vehicles...just be careful of shipping charges.. However Amazon has a few pair listed as "used" but are really new with damaged boxes for substantial savings. Akebonos at that price are what I would go with. Akebono ACT1044 ProACT Ultra-Premium Ceramic Brake Pad Set @ $35.26 set for the front. Rotors..just shop around. We used Raybestos Advanced Technology Disc Brake Rotors with great results. Not the cheapest, but true and coated hub holds up and looks good after many many months.

For OEM Volvo parts I found this company to be very competitive www.fcpeuro.com

Originally Posted By: tenderloin
Rock Auto sometimes has cheaper prices (with discount codes usually listed on this site) for Akebono..a brand I use on my sons "toy" C30 T5 and other vehicles...just be careful of shipping charges.. However Amazon has a few pair listed as "used" but are really new with damaged boxes for substantial savings. Akebonos at that price are what I would go with. Akebono ACT1044 ProACT Ultra-Premium Ceramic Brake Pad Set @ $35.26 set for the front.

How are the prices at Advance Auto? Using their discount codes, the set for my car comes in cheaper than rockauto or Amazon. Sometimes the codes are cheaper, sometimes not. For instance struts were still cheaper from rockauto even with the discount code.

I would also say rock auto since your familiar with it. They have good prices. I use to own a Volvo had it for many years. It was a pain to get any parts locally. Everyone "had" them but not there at a warehouse.

I agree with Bluestream- check your local dealer. You may be surprised. One or two Volvo dealers have an online parts sales dept. I have used IPD USA and have been very happy with their OEM and aftermarket parts.

Check the dealer. I had some aftermarket pads on my 04 S60R, and none worked better than OEM. Pricing was very fair considering all the parts came from Germany or Poland and were Brembo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back