Waiting for our snow....

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been lucky for a while now, but it looks like southern MI is going to take a nice hit of snow tomorrow!

Still can't make up their minds of the amount...anywhere from 6-18 inches. Not really a huge shocker for most, but when you're seen like 3 inches at most all winter, this gives ya a nice reminder winter is still here..

Gotta work tomorrow, but it's it's a short trip there and back, so not too worried....just hate the artic blast behind it...
frown.gif

Yep, looks like it's gonna be a big snow for the first time since November. Almost forgot it was winter! But I'm itching to bring the Miata out of storage, so hopefully we get an early spring.

Can I join the party? Slight snow starting here, expecting 8-12" by the end of Sunday.

Did our grocery shopping and vehicle maintenance today, tomorrow is reserved for beer, pizza, and funny commercials!

Woo hoo! I cant wait for the "snowstorm"... its about dang time. Im way over on the east side (Harrison Twp) but they keep changing (read: increasing) the snowfall amounts for our area that we are going to get based on newer weather models. Btw, I loved last winter, was really hoping for a repeat this year.

It also gives me a reason to change the oil in my old Bolens snowblower tomorrow too, lol.

Last edited:
If i get a next life im going to be a weatherman because they make well over $100,000 and get to guess the weather and sometimes they hit the nail on the head! But if they are wrong 60% of the time that is no problem!

But i guess with HAARP Maybe they have a good excuse..

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
We've been lucky for a while now, but it looks like southern MI is going to take a nice hit of snow tomorrow!

Still can't make up their minds of the amount...anywhere from 6-18 inches. Not really a huge shocker for most, but when you're seen like 3 inches at most all winter, this gives ya a nice reminder winter is still here..

Gotta work tomorrow, but it's it's a short trip there and back, so not too worried....just hate the artic blast behind it...
frown.gif

I am just north of you and will get a little less it depends exactly where you live but I saw the forecast it might be worse than you think but I have the plow truck ready and the generator is running if needed, good luck sorry you have to work on Sunday I did that for years and do not miss it.
TOTO.

Originally Posted By: Klutch9
Yep, looks like it's gonna be a big snow for the first time since November. Almost forgot it was winter! But I'm itching to bring the Miata out of storage, so hopefully we get an early spring.

Ditto the car thing.. the Cav is itching to get out again....

Originally Posted By: RamFan
Can I join the party? Slight snow starting here, expecting 8-12" by the end of Sunday.

Did our grocery shopping and vehicle maintenance today, tomorrow is reserved for beer, pizza, and funny commercials!

Sure!

Have to be out for a while, but kids might get a snow day it seems...

Originally Posted By: [email protected]
Woo hoo! I cant wait for the "snowstorm"... its about dang time. Im way over on the east side (Harrison Twp) but they keep changing (read: increasing) the snowfall amounts for our area that we are going to get based on newer weather models. Btw, I loved last winter, was really hoping for a repeat this year.

It also gives me a reason to change the oil in my old Bolens snowblower tomorrow too, lol.

Nice!

Had to fire up the old Toro for the first time since October...took a few minutes, but she fired up well....

Originally Posted By: Toto

frown.gif

I am just north of you and will get a little less it depends exactly where you live but I saw the forecast it might be worse than you think but I have the plow truck ready and the generator is running if needed, good luck sorry you have to work on Sunday I did that for years and do not miss it.
TOTO.

Thanks...the sooner I'm out of retail, the better...

frown.gif

Same here. (11 mile drive) Should be a fun drive in!

This storm just may pay me a visit as well. Forecast is for 10-15 inches. We'll see about that one. The town plows our sidewalk very well, but not our street.
confused2.gif
I'll likely get fresh gas for my little Ariens, and then hunker down with some choice beverages while watching the game. Hopefully with the cold weather the snow will be fluffy instead of heavy. That little 4 hp machine does a good job flinging the fluffy stuff!

frown.gif

Reminds me of the situation here until this past week. Had a couple small storms( 4 or 5" or so)from late Nov - early Jan but nothing major. It has mostly just been cold and we had bare ground for the most part until the big one this past Tuesday. Forecast was for 18-24" but we got over 30". Then we got more snow on Friday( about 8" )and have more coming next week( 12"+ Monday and then 3-5" ice storm predicted Thursday ).

At least it has been so cold here recently that the snow we have got is powder. I can't imagine having to deal with almost 3' of wet stuff in one storm. The powder vs. wet and heavy snow has also kept us from losing power which has been great. I bet we lose it though during the coming ice storm( if we actually get it ).

I hope you fair better than we have and that you don't end up in a storm cycle like we are in now where every 2-3 days you get another one with upwards of a foot+ each time. Had that happen a few years back and it went on for over a month. That flat out sucks!

Good luck and hope you come through ok.

frown.gif

Depends where you are located in Southern Michigan. Near the Ohio border gets more.... northern suburbs get less. The good news?..... it's February 1st and the snow cover will not last 3-4 months like last winter. In another month, we should see grass again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back