Spectre filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a knock off K&N made by Spectre filter for my Sentra because it was so much cheaper.
I tried to buy one for my '10 Elantra and they don't make them
Anybody know why?
There are a lot of Hyundai cars on the road.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Could Elantra owners be smarter than Sentra owners?

Now thats confusing. I own both.
Did I make a mistake?

Originally Posted By: marine65

Did I make a mistake?
Hedging your bets?
smile.gif

I think he is trying to say that he wouldnt buy a Spectre filter for his car..I had one, used it for awhile and never went back to the Spectre. I decided to stick with a paper filter.

Originally Posted By: marine65

Did I make a mistake?

Yes, oil cotton gauze filters life spectre and K&N are bad for stock vehicles that don't get rebuilt often. You are introducing an exponentially greater amount of abrasive dirt into your engine by using a low efficiency air filter.

I would strongly recommend you toss them in the trash and go with an oem style name brand paper air filter.

These companies are falsely advertising horsepower and mileage increases with their so called "high flow cotton gauze" filters which is never going to happen on most any natural aspirated engine without a tune or at all with other parts of the intake and exhaust causing a bigger restriction than the filter.

The only thing you gain from these filters is the ability to re use them which doesn't outweigh the increase in contamination let into the engine let alone the possibility of decreasing engine life if they shed enough metal.

Are Spectre filters cotton gauze, this is from their add
High flow performance replacement air filter
•Made from pre-dyed synthetic media for greater performance
•Factory pre-oiled and ready to use
•Easy to install with no special tools or skills required

So are they bad or ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back