Battery Tender Lithium Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what you're trying to point out. If youre looking for a small lithium battery, Take a look at antigravity batteries. They've been doing this for some time now.

The only thing that interests me is the jump starter and how similar the parts looks to other lithium power jumpstarts. I suppose all these are just made in china probably by the same or closely related factories

Last edited:
Certain substances they do not want brought into the state such as Mercury. They may use some galvanized steel that had hexavalent chrome applied. Some call them SOC or substances of concern.

Those sure look like re-branded Scorpion Stingers or Mirai motorcycle batteries. I don't care for "quad terminals", especially when they are made of thin sheet metal.

The lithium battery sounds interesting, just hope I would not have the same problems Boeing had when they went to lithium. But you would need a new charger, or alternator electronics?

I took a quick look at the BatteryTender specs and they do not mention high and low temp compensation for their float chargers, even the ones above $50. I will stick with BatteryMinder.

California or Oregon have higher energy standers and require that battery chargers be of a higher efficiency. Deltran has come out with several new charger that are compliant to California or Oregon. If you are looking for a smaller Battery Tender JR sized charger with .75a output then order the 022-0192. Or if you are wanting the Battery Tender Plus size with 1.25a output then order the 022-0185G. Battery Tender also has other chargers that are California or Oregon CEC compliant. Hope this helped.

Been using them on my motorcycles for the last few years. First ones were made by Shorai. They are not just Lithium batteries, they are Lithium Iron (not Ion) batteries. Completely dry - no liquid inside. They save about 7 pounds of weight and they are unbelievably powerful. They have one drawback, they cannot be discharged below about 10% or they die. Not to be used for deep-cycle battery. They have become very popular with sportbike crowd and are highly recommended.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BowieBoy
Been using them on my motorcycles for the last few years. First ones were made by Shorai. They are not just Lithium batteries, they are Lithium Iron (not Ion) batteries. Completely dry - no liquid inside. They save about 7 pounds of weight and they are unbelievably powerful. They have one drawback, they cannot be discharged below about 10% or they die. Not to be used for deep-cycle battery. They have become very popular with sportbike crowd and are highly recommended.

Good info. I have one ordered for my R1.

Don't expect the Shorai to last long. Ask me how I know. Back to the old lead acid types which start every time again.

slomo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back