Ex-Marine undergoing gender reassignment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Doog
Originally Posted By: surfstar
Refreshing to read of some open-minded thinkers here on BITOG, no matter where they may lie on the political/religious spectrum.

I am religious, but I judge no one.

I'm religious, and I do judge everyone. I just keep my mouth shut and do my best to treat everyone with the same amount of respect. Unless if it's an actual debate, I see little gain in debating something, much less if it's controversial.

I guess you could say I make judgements about actions vs "judging" people, but I'm not sure what the difference is. I just try to not write people off because I have large differences in opinion.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: supton
Originally Posted By: Doog
Originally Posted By: surfstar
Refreshing to read of some open-minded thinkers here on BITOG, no matter where they may lie on the political/religious spectrum.

I am religious, but I judge no one.

I'm religious, and I do judge everyone. I just keep my mouth shut and do my best to treat everyone with the same amount of respect. Unless if it's an actual debate, I see little gain in debating something, much less if it's controversial.

I guess you could say I make judgements about actions vs "judging" people, but I'm not sure what the difference is. I just try to not write people off because I have large differences in opinion.

I'm not very religious, but I'm very judgmental. While I don't say anything, often, I will act on it and avoid those who I don't like.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Do they still teach sex ed in public schools ?

What happens when 2 gay 'married' men talk to little kids about their lifestyle ???

Then the kids will have learned something different.

~95% of the kids will end up being straight. The other 5% will be what they are. From what I understand and have been told, it's not a learned behavior.

The idea of sex-ed classes isn't how to tell kids to do it ... but, rather, avoid making kids while they are still kids.

What happens when 2 gay 'married' men talk to little kids about their lifestyle ???

What do YOU think happens? That the kids will be traumatized for life? That they will become one of "them"? Or maybe the parents explain that some boys like to get married to girls, and some boys like to get married to other boys. At which point, the kid will say "oh. OK." And then run outside and play.

Do they still teach sex ed in public schools ?

That is getting beyond perverse. When they sort with sort of stuff parents can go off the deep end and go postal.
It would get me wound up tight i can tell you that.

Originally Posted By: whip
Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Only a man and a woman can create a child.

Is there anyone arguing this?

I think straight people lost their argument about marriage being a sacred bond when the divorce rate went over 50%.

So now you're judging the traditional marriage folks on this one statistic?

What other statistic can we use? Almost half of straight people disagree about marriage being sacred. I have cell phones that last longer than a lot of marriages.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
With this way of thinking, you must also think all non whites are thugs, thieves etc. too.

Are you implying that almost half of all minorities are criminals? Where do people come up with this?

Statistically here, robberies are done by more non whites than anything else.. Its a fact.. Sorry my friend. But I am smart enough to know that not all non whites are thieves.

Your analogies are getting a little bejiggered. First you said "I think straight people lost their argument about marriage being a sacred bond when the divorce rate went over 50%." and then you said "What other statistic can we use? Almost half of straight people disagree about marriage being sacred. I have cell phones that last longer than a lot of marriages."

I am not sure what to follow anymore. I just know I am traditional marriage and was raised as such. Your divorce statistics mean nothing to me nor do they apply to me. Don't say folks should believe (or be okay with) x because y isn't working for some people.

I'm part of the newer breed...I have no interest in marriage but I'm 100% heterosexual and middle-aged. If I would get married in my later years you can bet that there would be a prenuptial stating that I wouldn't leave the marriage with less than I came into it. No? Can do that?? Sorry. Definitely not going to be financially strapped at 65 years old because of some woman. If someone who happened to be a former Marine ( like that's relevant ) wants to have sex reassignment surgery I guess that's controversial somewhere. Maybe it's "Semper Fi" unless she isn't passable...I don't know.

In the MA penal system is a guy who murdered his wife. He is getting the state to pay to turn him into a murderess. I'm sorry, but I don't want to pay for it.
A sweet little girl that I have known since her infancy, is now a guy named Sean. The kicker is that Sean married a guy. What a crazy world !

Originally Posted By: 72te27
People failing at marriage doesn't change the sacred nature of marriage.

I disagree. The people getting married made vows to never leave, and almost half disregarded those vows. It's clearly not sacred.
By your "logic", when people play chess poorly, it's the game's fault, not the ineffective players.

Is chess sacred? You're struggling with analogies, so let me help you out. In India, the Hindu consider the cow sacred. I would say it's no longer sacred when almost half of the Hindu people start eating steak.

Originally Posted By: greenjp
Strawmen are having quite a week here on BITOG.

Good post Miller88. It's interesting how a lot of self-identified conservative types are really concerned with how certain other segments of society conduct their private lives. Leave me and my guns alone, but don't you queers even think about asking for equal treatment with regards to property and survivorship rights!

This thread provides great insight into what happens when open minded people are exposed to things outside of their worldview.

jeff

Pretty much this. They want to be left alone and have their privacy and their "muh freedumz" but as soon as someone else tries to do something that they don't like, even if it in no way affects their lives, they start trying to outlaw it and claim that it's "wrong" and "perverse" and so on. But if someone tries to pass gun control oh god forbid, we can't have that! Time to go up in arms! But in this case, they at least have a reason. Because it impacts their lives. In the case of same sex marriage, it in NO WAY impacts their lives. But they feel the need to stick their noses in it anyway.

There is a word for this type of behavior, and it starts with an H.

I disagree. The people getting married made vows to never leave, and almost half disregarded those vows. It's clearly not sacred.
By your "logic", when people play chess poorly, it's the game's fault, not the ineffective players.

Is chess sacred? You're struggling with analogies, so let me help you out. In India, the Hindu consider the cow sacred. I would say it's no longer sacred when almost half of the Hindu people start eating steak.

So what about the traditional Hindu who still consider the cow sacred?

I cant see them ever thinking its okay to eat steak.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Nick R
Originally Posted By: greenjp
Strawmen are having quite a week here on BITOG.

Good post Miller88. It's interesting how a lot of self-identified conservative types are really concerned with how certain other segments of society conduct their private lives. Leave me and my guns alone, but don't you queers even think about asking for equal treatment with regards to property and survivorship rights!

This thread provides great insight into what happens when open minded people are exposed to things outside of their worldview.

jeff

Pretty much this. They want to be left alone and have their privacy and their "muh freedumz" but as soon as someone else tries to do something that they don't like, even if it in no way affects their lives, they start trying to outlaw it and claim that it's "wrong" and "perverse" and so on. But if someone tries to pass gun control oh god forbid, we can't have that! Time to go up in arms! But in this case, they at least have a reason. Because it impacts their lives. In the case of same sex marriage, it in NO WAY impacts their lives. But they feel the need to stick their noses in it anyway.

There is a word for this type of behavior, and it starts with an H.

Wait a min, let me get the Violin out. lol

I probably wouldnt agree with or understand this Marine for doing this, but he did serve our country so I give this individual benefit of the doubt. A former Navy SEAL went through this before so its not the first time I have read about something like this. Isnt this like that Army Pfc Manning who leaked govt info and now wants to be addressed as a woman? For those who serve I cannot throw a stone to their life altering decisions as most of us are at fault for something are we not?

Originally Posted By: Miller88
The analogy "Gay married people should be able to defend their marijuana plants with fully automatic rifles"

I'm going to take that and use it, because it fits many discussions with people who are all for freedom, but only within their defined parameters.

Learned the hard way that it's my job to help my children through life...we let my daughter do religion in Primary School, and found that the freaks were trying to emotionally scar them into following "their way" with brimstone and original sin, same as they do mutilating little boys and girls in the name of their deity.

Like Trav, I would go berserk if it were thrust at them that certain behaviours were desirable (see my earlier point, tolerance is not trying to make everyone else just like you)...do as thou shalt, just don't make me or mine do it.

Have recently come across the 10 suggestions

Quote:

1-
Know yourself.
Realize that you are a very tiny piece of the universe and yet perhaps it’s most perfect and complex element.
In your life you should try to gain enough knowledge of yourself and the universe to know who and what you are.
The quest for understanding is mans highest calling.

2-
Improve yourself
Try continually to improve yourself both intellectually, and physically.
You have only one body and one mind; do not waste them through laziness or self-abuse.

3-
Support Freedom of Thought
Respect peoples beliefs, religious or not, so long as their beliefs are not physically damaging to anyone.
Defend your right to believe what you will, but do not deny another’s right to the same freedom.

4-
Love Your Children
Know that your children are your purest motivation and finest treasure.
Give them love and knowledge and protection and teach them these suggestions.
When they are ready, let them go.
Like trees, the strongest people always stand alone.

5-
Love Your Parents
Obey your parents until you are able and willing to support yourself.
Respect them so long as they deserve respect.
Protect them and provide for them in their old age.
Remember them as they were on their best day.

6-
Respect Life
Do not physically hurt anyone except in protection of yourself or another.
Avoid killing whenever possible.
Murder is always wrong.
Cause no unnecessary pain to any animal.

7-
Respect Marriage and Other Contracts
Honor your promises.
Do not try to seduce another person into breaking a promise.
Treat your partner with honesty and respect.

8-
Work
Try to find work that makes you happy.
Try to be happy with the work you find.
Know that work done well is its own reward.
Don’t let your work dominate your life.

9-
Be Honest
Know that the truth will set you free.
When you lie and deceive you make your life a prison.
Live with honor and sleep well at night.

10-
Be Happy
Adult people are responsible for their own happiness.
Do not waste your life in a search for ultimate satisfaction.
Find pleasure in each moment you live and find satisfaction in each breath you take.
Decide to be happy.

Not interested in my taxes or insurance money "helping"...a woman that I know, and we DO accept her as a woman, paid her way to Thailand with a second job, is happy, a good neighbour, and not interested in making people bend to her choices.

I'll answer the door in a bathtowel if you interupt my bath to tell me why I should be just like you...because I can. And the worst I will do to you is ignore you, and actively avoid your presence.

TnS, having been on the other boards with you, that was a big post.

Cheers mate.

Originally Posted By: Marco620
I probably wouldnt agree with or understand this Marine for doing this, but he did serve our country so I give this individual benefit of the doubt. A former Navy SEAL went through this before so its not the first time I have read about something like this. Isnt this like that Army Pfc Manning who leaked govt info and now wants to be addressed as a woman? For those who serve I cannot throw a stone to their life altering decisions as most of us are at fault for something are we not?

I think you're referring to Kristin Beck, former Navy Seal.

Surprisingly, there are many ex-military ones who have transitioned from MtF. And unlike the info leaker Manning, they're red,white and blue all the way, just like nearly everyone else.

While my friend never served in the military, there are several examples on YouTube:

Loren: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vigK-tDEWzE

Sona: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6HaVYg6kB4

Christina: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aydv_5CZM7Q

Originally Posted By: Miller88
The analogy "Gay married people should be able to defend their marijuana plants with fully automatic rifles"

I see where you're getting from, but remember, the whole gun ban was for semi auto assault rifles and particularly anything that holds over 10 rounds.

The Beretta 92fs (full sized hand gun) would have been on the ban list as well as the AR15.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Shannow

1-
Know yourself.
Realize that you are a very tiny piece of the universe and yet perhaps it’s most perfect and complex element.
In your life you should try to gain enough knowledge of yourself and the universe to know who and what you are.
The quest for understanding is mans highest calling.

2-
Improve yourself
Try continually to improve yourself both intellectually, and physically.
You have only one body and one mind; do not waste them through laziness or self-abuse.

3-
Support Freedom of Thought
Respect peoples beliefs, religious or not, so long as their beliefs are not physically damaging to anyone.
Defend your right to believe what you will, but do not deny another’s right to the same freedom.

4-
Love Your Children
Know that your children are your purest motivation and finest treasure.
Give them love and knowledge and protection and teach them these suggestions.
When they are ready, let them go.
Like trees, the strongest people always stand alone.

5-
Love Your Parents
Obey your parents until you are able and willing to support yourself.
Respect them so long as they deserve respect.
Protect them and provide for them in their old age.
Remember them as they were on their best day.

6-
Respect Life
Do not physically hurt anyone except in protection of yourself or another.
Avoid killing whenever possible.
Murder is always wrong.
Cause no unnecessary pain to any animal.

7-
Respect Marriage and Other Contracts
Honor your promises.
Do not try to seduce another person into breaking a promise.
Treat your partner with honesty and respect.

8-
Work
Try to find work that makes you happy.
Try to be happy with the work you find.
Know that work done well is its own reward.
Don’t let your work dominate your life.

9-
Be Honest
Know that the truth will set you free.
When you lie and deceive you make your life a prison.
Live with honor and sleep well at night.

10-
Be Happy
Adult people are responsible for their own happiness.
Do not waste your life in a search for ultimate satisfaction.
Find pleasure in each moment you live and find satisfaction in each breath you take.
Decide to be happy.

I really like these quotes. 10 is one that I feel a lot of people forget at times.

You would, of course, be wrong again. You do not get to determine for others what is or isn't sacred. Even if you believe yourself to be "almost half".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back