manual trans fluid for 2007 Accord

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm about to change the manual trans fluid in my 2007 5 speed Honda Accord. Car has 200k miles on it and I know it hasn't been changed in at least 100k miles, but shifts fine. I plan to drive the car for another 100k miles or more.

Manual calls for Honda MTF, but I've read about additives or alternate fluids from Redline, BG synchro shift, Royal Purple, Amsoil, etc.

I'm thinking of using 1 qt Honda MTF and 1 qt additive like synchro shift. What do you guys think?

Stick with Honda MTF and you'll be home-free.

Don't bother tricking into adding unnecessary additives into your MTF mix. It's not needed.

If you want better cold shifting performance, shop around for MTF-II.

In Jpn: MTF-III is already out and it's been said to be full syn base oil.

Q.

For California Temp, any of these dedicated MTF's should work:

Royal Purple's Synchromax

Ravenol MTF-2

Honda MTF

VW part number G052512A2

GM Manual Transmission and Transfer Case Fluid

BMW (Pentosin MTF 2) MTF-LT-1, 2

Castrol Syntrans V FE 75W-80 8.0cSt

BG Synchroshift II 8.2 cSt

Mopar Type MS-9417 MTL 9.0cSt

Valvoline MTF Part Number 811095 9.2 cSt

Pennzoil Synchromesh 9.3 cSt

Don't forget Red Line.

I've had excellent results with the Honda in my sig.

Real Time Racing uses Red Line products for their Acura cars straight out of the bottle with good results. No additives added.

If it were a 6-speed, then use GM Synchromesh fluid, which cures the 3rd gear synchro problems. For the 5-speed, Honda fluid is probably fine.

Redline MTL, Amsoil/Driven/Torco/Wynns MTF's are also options.
Mazda also is has a Skyactiv 75w80 MT fluid.

Honda MTF has changed over the years...dropping from the original 10w30 motor oil like ~11cst gradually to ATF like ~7cst. Opens up a wide range of fluid possibilities.

Go thin for max mpg. For a warmer climate or well worn transmission, I'd go thick to take up some slack or cushion clunkiness.

Originally Posted By: HPCGMC
Thanks Guys. I'll probably just get the honda MTF and use that, since the trans is still working well.

You can't do much better than Honda MTF, and for the money it is the best. Redline MTL might be a little better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back