Donaldson oil filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a Baldwin oil filter with a tad of rust on the base plate, so I decided not to use it. I bought a Donaldson filter for my Alfa Spider, and was impressed with the overall build quality and its heavy duty nature. And it was only $5.19, a bargain.

Any thoughts or experience with Donaldson in passenger car and light truck usage? I know they specialize in large truck apps.

Pretty sure some of their filters for the passenger car and light trucks are rebadged.

The one I bought does not appear to be rebadged. I never saw its shape or type of construction in any other brand, and I've seen a bunch. This was a Donaldson P550335.

p550335-316-541.jpg

I run the Donaldson P550008 on the 93 Volvo via a Canton remote mount. It is a robust filter weighing 492 grams vs. 399 grams for the equivalent Purolator L30001/Mann ML1004/Bosch 3500. The P550008 costs $4.54/each at the local Kenworth dealer, less than the others. I'm sure the Purolator/Mann/Bosch filters are fine for my application. But why pay more? I enjoy supporting a local business.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back