Need a new leaf blower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: exploreco
Originally Posted By: 123Saab

They also had a Stihl promotion going if you bought a six pack of their oil to mix with gas they would extend the warranty from the 2 years to 4 years so that sweetened the deal.

Just make sure to use Non Ethanol gas.

Ethanol just kills Small Engines.

I wish I could. I was doing that for a while but the last station in town that carried pure gas no longer does and the pure gas website appears to support this now too.

Does that ethanol remover that you mix in the gas do the same thing?

Never used any Ethanol Remover.

I just buy premix gas.

If you don't like or know how to tinker stay far away from the lower end models.

I had a craftsman that broke a ring after 9 years so I opted to replace with another craftsman (on sale for ~$85 w/coupon). Brought it home and set it up and filled tank (Mobil 2T). Mixture was off, so I ordered the spline tool to adjust and it was running great. A few weeks later while using it died, I tried restarting...nothing. Pulled the plug to see what the issue and it had no spark. I grabbed my receipt and returned it and the sales man questioned the fuel since it wasn't the color of the included oil. I explained it's the oil choice (deer in headlights look) and he proceeded to give me a hard time. I explained, I'm sure you get many morons but I'm not one of them. Then I asked him, what the fuel/oil mix had to do with lack of spark? I replied nothing, so go grab me another one and I want to hear it run before I leave. It ran but it needed more of a mixture adjustment than the first one. It's been running for a 2.5 years now but I doubt it will last as long as the first one.

Best Gas leaf blower reviews for 2015:

The factor that makes a gas blower champs over electric ones is mobility. Yes, we admit that electric ones have a handy mobility, but what if we are blowing the leaves a bit far from the main door of a house, trying to cover the entire garden, and all of a sudden the embarrassing point would mount up when the battery goes dead
http://www.leafblowercenter.com/best-electric/

Commercial usage Echo PB-255LN isn't too bad coming from a Shindaiwa user For the price would be great for home usage. It's being used for small jobs that needs quick mobility. Shindaiwa is no longer being bought gone all Echo.

Also picked up the Echo CS-370 chainsaw. That's a mighty saw for small jobs all Kiawe wood(hardwood). I'm impressed with it's performance. Witht the recent strong winds we had a month ago full grown Kiawe trees went down. The Echo CS-370 held more than it's own had a bit of a workout. For a small saw did some thick trunk cuts.

Originally Posted By: 123Saab

They also had a Stihl promotion going if you bought a six pack of their oil to mix with gas they would extend the warranty from the 2 years to 4 years so that sweetened the deal.

Just make sure to use Non Ethanol gas.

Ethanol just kills Small Engines.

We have had E-85 fuel here in Illinois since the 90's and it hasen't effected my OPE in any way.

Stihl and Echo are excellent brands of OPE. IIRC the Stihl has 2 piston rings and the Echo has 1. Someone can correct me if I am wrong. More Piston Rings = More compression= more power. I got a Ryobi from HD and it lasted me 3 years still running but after using it my hand was tingling from the excessive vibrations........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back