Texas CHL holders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I renewed my CHL online January 17th of this year. Anyone know how long it should take for my new one to show up?

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I renewed my CHL online January 17th of this year. Anyone know how long it should take for my new one to show up?

Did you have to re-take the classroom/range portion?

Originally Posted By: danthaman1980

No,Texas no longer requires any continuing education to renew.

Originally Posted By: danthaman1980

No,Texas no longer requires any continuing education to renew.

Awesome! Guess that means from now on I can renew mine without having to go back for the class!

IIRC, last time I renewed it took around 3 weeks.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Al
Yea..for PA. Go into the county sheriff's ofice and walk out with your new permit.

Man that's awesome!!

I renewed mine online last time. Took 2 weeks to the day. Have you been checking its status on the website? It takes about a week or two for them to open your application, then (re)approve your fingerprints, do another background check etc. Once they "opened" my application it took 3 days to print. Good luck!

Originally Posted By: jk_636
I renewed mine online last time. Took 2 weeks to the day. Have you been checking its status on the website? It takes about a week or two for them to open your application, then (re)approve your fingerprints, do another background check etc. Once they "opened" my application it took 3 days to print. Good luck!

When I log on,there's no status option. It just has this message:

CHL APPLICATION STATUS: If you have a pending CHL application, please allow sufficient time for processing.

Hmmm....they must not have opened your application, or possibly it was rejected? You may want to call them and find out monday.

I called them Friday and got a recording saying something to the effect of they can't tell you the status of your application,only that due to the current high traffic of renewed applications,please allow 40 days for processing.

I got that same recording last year. I think they are saving money by keeping a position open (shocking for the state of texas, i know...) The wait continues!

Originally Posted By: Fleetmon
Ours took four months in Kingwood Texas back in 2007.....it took two days in Pennsylvania in 2010!

And as I said it now takes 10 minutes in Pa.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back