Quick way to find if a song/album is explicit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No itunes. Amazon doesn't do it. Sometimes I play music at a family friendly business and well you know where this is going.

If I had itunes it would be nice to look up albums/songs to see if there's an explicit label by them, but I'm not going to download it just for that, so what other methods do you know of?

How are you playing this music? Streaming from internet radio or playing your personal collection?

If you are streaming you can use Pandora and in the channel settings you can toggle to not allow explicit content.

Googling the album isn't completely reliable as there are normally explicit and clean versions of the same album sold.

Apparently most/all places allow at least one big one in a song without marking it explicit... Guess I'll only do songs I know then.

Streaming business music doesn't cost that much. Cloudcovermusic.
SiriusXM also has business only channels with zero mention of SiriusXM for like $35 a month.

Listen to it first on youtube? There is a great deal of videos there.

Originally Posted By: Danno
Stick to country music.

There are still curse words in country music, but you will not find F___ in a country song.

You will find A__, S___, H___, D___ in modern (last 15 years) country music.

Originally Posted By: racer12306
Stick to country music.

There are still curse words in country music, but you will not find F___ in a country song.

that's why he should listen to real country music

To the OP, even songs classified as 'non-explicit' may still have content in them that you may consider explicit/inappropriate to families. Unfortunately, the only way to really tell is the read the lyrics or listen to the song.

Play contemporary Christian, or Christian Rock/Pop. No worries then. Of course you'll then offend the atheists. You can't please them all. Easy listening or jazz should also be safe.

Originally Posted By: kkreit01
Play contemporary Christian, or Christian Rock/Pop. No worries then. Of course you'll then offend the atheists. You can't please them all. Easy listening or jazz should also be safe.

Christian rock? That's enough to upset any music fan.

Originally Posted By: racer12306
Stick to country music.

Honkytonk Ba-donkeydonk!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back