Forum Function

Status
Not open for further replies.
The site has gotten so bad it is hard to use. The back function won't work, it signs me out the moment I click on a thread.
Who ever "http://segapi.quantserve.com/seg/r and it goes on, has screwed up this site and made it unusable for IE 11 users.
This was my "go to" site but for weeks now it just is more bother than it's worth to try and navigate in BITOG.

PLEASE get it straightened out as the tracking is getting awful.
Thanks
Smoky

I find it works better if I do not click "remember me" when logging in. (But I use a password manager). I also use Firefox. IE will be history in a few years. Its being discontinued.

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds to me like you have a malware infection on your computer.

segapi.quantserve.com/seg/r - that's malware

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had the exact same problem as the OP. The back button works intermittently and sometimes the login feature takes a few tries. I don't have this problem with any other site. IDK!

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
No problems whatsoever here.

+1

Get rid of that malware, OP.

Have not used IEx since Internet Explorer 3 or 4..

The only issue I encounter is the random logout on Mac and PC.

I do wish the share links weren't there. They do seem to slow loading on occasion.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
The only issue I encounter is the random logout on Mac and PC.

For me at least, the logout is not random. It happens exactly once a week, which is how long a BITOG cookie lives. Wayne explained it previously.

Quote:

I do wish the share links weren't there. They do seem to slow loading on occasion.

Adblocker takes care of these for me.

Having checked my computer twice now and did some research the "segapi quantserve" appears to be on the BITOG server and is only triggered by certain posts it wishes to track. I'm still researching.

Smoky

I get the logout randomly. It may be possible that its once a week.

The back button problem is only when the Pennzoil ad comes up.

What I have been doing is pressing CTRL when clicking a thread to open in a new tab. Then just shut the tab to go back to the previous page.

It's not adware or anything. Using IE 10 here. Tried 11 but that didn't get along very well with my comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back