USPS tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've ordered product from Texas through USPS priority shipping.. I received my tracking number January 27th and It is still saying "Not found". I'm not fimiliar with USPS, is this unusual or am I being impatient?

The tracking number is generated when the mailing label is created.

But until it is actually picked up by/given to the USPS, there won't be any additional information.

1. USPS does have some lag in their package tracking system.

2. Receipt of a tracking number does not necessarily mean a package was actually shipped. You can print a shipping label and get a tracking number, but if you never take the package to the post office to ship it, you won't see any tracking info for it.

Depends. I received a package last night that was originally due to me on Wednesday. There was minimal status from the time it left the shipper on Monday, basically saying that it left the sorting site on that end. Came home from work Wednesday, no package and no change in status. Yesterday morning status was finally updated all the way to the package leaving the local PO and being out for delivery.

Originally Posted By: Dr_No
I can confirm the seller said it was shipped on the 27th

If "shipped" = actually "dropped off at a USPS facility", then I'd say it is unusual that it's "not found" in their tracking system after 3 days.

Is it possible the seller gave you an incorrect tracking number?

The snowstorm definitely slowed down their deliveries. I had a package due for Wednesday and it's still not here yet.

UPS > USPS in every way.

I don't believe I got the wrong tracking number as the seller and USPS both emailed me my tracking number. I'll contact the seller and see what they say

USPS's shipping times have become respectable over the years, but it's been particularly bad as of late with slow shipping and their tracking system not providing info.

I have noticed a massive delay in USPS tracking too.Its been getting worse for a while now.Takes almost 2 weeks to get things from west coast.

Thanks for the input, I did email the seller but I'll just hang tight and see what happens.

I have had the "not found" thing on tracking a few times and then the package arrives at my door. I don't think their tracking system is a very good one.

Not to change the subject but,

When I go to the Post Office to buy Stamps / after a Rate Increase

I ask the Clerk if the rate increase is for building more warehouses to store the mail ? ? ?

They either laugh or say "the mail is always moving, it's never warehoused"

Originally Posted By: larryinnewyork
Not to change the subject but,

When I go to the Post Office to buy Stamps / after a Rate Increase

I ask the Clerk if the rate increase is for building more warehouses to store the mail ? ? ?

They either laugh or say "the mail is always moving, it's never warehoused"

The problem that I've seen, is that it moves in circles.

I'm south of Chicago... Last package:

Los Angeles east to Chicago, then back west to Des Moines, then south to St. Louis, then back north to me.

Took an extra three days to deliver it.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04

The problem that I've seen, is that it moves in circles.

I'm south of Chicago... Last package:

Los Angeles east to Chicago, then back west to Des Moines, then south to St. Louis, then back north to me.

Things they have to do to keep themselves busy.
smile.gif

If you think it's hard tracking USPS, sometimes USPS gives th package to FedEX to deliver. (I'm going through this right now). USPS says it was delivered, but what they mean is it was delivered to FedEX. Now I've got to track it in FedEX, using the USPS tracking number MINUS the first two digits. It works, but what a PITA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back