Wax application in cool temps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wanting to wax my truck this evening. It will be about 39 degrees.
I'm going to use Meguiars NXT 2.0.
Is it worth applying or should I wait for warmer temps?
I usually let it sit on the finish for about 30 min.

Thanks for any feedback.

I've waxed my car in the cold before and it was fine. You just need to plan on giving it extra time to dry. Run your finger though it and if it smears rather than wipes you need to wait longer.

Originally Posted By: anonobomber
I've waxed my car in the cold before and it was fine. You just need to plan on giving it extra time to dry. Run your finger though it and if it smears rather than wipes you need to wait longer.

+1 unless it is freezing in which case I would say you can get a rinseless wash (like ONR) and you can use a spray wax as you dry when drying until the weather gets warmer.

I just waxed my Saturn in my 42F garage. No issues.

Go for it!!
thumbsup2.gif

Test a small section first. If you have an issue buffing, you might want to use a quick detailer spray to help.

Originally Posted By: ted s
waste of time

Please explain. What aspect> Is there a limit to applying wax in your opinion?

waste of time

How??

I applied mine in very cold weather a week or so ago and it's still much better than before & buttery smooth.

So. How is it a waste of time, or are you just trolling.....

I detail my vehicles year round. 40 degrees and above and I can spray wax without too much trouble. I use Jax Wax Hawaiian shine spray, best stuff I have used and I have used a lot.

Originally Posted By: MKZman
waste of time

Please explain. What aspect> Is there a limit to applying wax in your opinion?

Will not get an explanation, let alone a justification.
Typical hit & run statement.

Pffft.

Should be fine as others have said. Just longer to dry and a pain to do in cold weather. The tougher part is getting the vehicle clean enough and prepared to wax.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back