Magnefine Trans filter/ NAPA??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked one up today but its a Raybestos, is this a rebranded Magnifine? are they as good?

From what I'm finding yes they are the same, Magnefine make them, they are a magnefine filter.

NP..

Im just a little upset that I didn't have this info before hand and now im running a fake MF?
mad.gif

Not much to them if you cut them open. Looks like n inline fram gas filter with a magnet in it.

I don't think I would take a chance with running an in-line tranny filter. Just another thing to break, clog up, leak or go wrong some other way.. I would rather drop the pan and replace the internal filter more often.

With anything you'll have a risk of failure, transmission lines, coolers, etc. The magnifine has a built in bypass valve to insure no blockage of fluid back to the trans and a very sturdy construction eliminates and failure to the filter.

The internal filter on most applications is nothing but a coarse felt(30-40mic) or worse yet just a screen.

Originally Posted By: daman
With anything you'll have a risk of failure, transmission lines, coolers, etc. The magnifine has a built in bypass valve to insure no blockage of fluid back to the trans and a very sturdy construction eliminates and failure to the filter.

The internal filter on most applications is nothing but a coarse felt(30-40mic) or worse yet just a screen.

The Magnefine is 30 micron with a magnet. The typical pan filters are 80-100 micron iirc.

Originally Posted By: 3311
Originally Posted By: daman

The Magnefine is 30 micron with a magnet. The typical pan filters are 80-100 micron iirc.

Right, that's worse yet..

I wonder if it would be feasible to develop a service where you pulled into a station, they hooked your tranny up to a filter machine that cleaned out the particulates, and in twenty minutes you are on your way. Maybe charge $50?

While tradition tranny fluid service is not too expensive, the newer CVT's and "sealed" trannies are running upwards of $300 for a fluid service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back