lost wheel lock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: cashmoney
You should try hard to get a replacement key since I think you have 3 other wheels with same lock nut to eventually deal with. I think use of these types of lock nuts are fading from popular use. The key has to be in the car so wheel thieves break in and usually find it easy in the usual hidey hole spots.

I will, if I can take it off, the lock WILL never be on again, I never big fan of wheel lock. if some one want steal your rims, they will have a way anyway. you either end up with missing rim or very damage beyond repair rim and have to get replace...

I just try use the gator grip thing, it do not work.

the wheel lock only put 1 spot is my glove box, the car been into the shop 5 time for life time rotation and balance deal thing, I think they forgot to put it back, and I was never intent to check for it after get out the shop. I will call the shop tomorrow see what they can do.

Last edited:
You can try welding a nut over the locking lug nut if room permits. Watching that video might be the approach to try and make work.

Good Luck
Bo

its actually easier than it seems ...go buy a brand new (sharp teeth) 1/2 in drive 12 point 13/16 socket....take a bfh and pound it on to the lugnut till you you think its as tight as it can get then give it a couple more good solid whacks, then get the biggest breaker bar or ratchet you can find and a short extension (or buy/use a deep socket) so you can support the socket/ext while pushing down so it torques rather than pushes down with the handle.
i popped 3 off in about 10 min after i figured the first one out, the hardest part after that was getting the nut to separate from the socket

as asand1 said.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jayt85331
its actually easier than it seems ...go buy a brand new (sharp teeth) 1/2 in drive 12 point 13/16 socket....take a bfh and pound it on to the lugnut till you you think its as tight as it can get then give it a couple more good solid whacks, then get the biggest breaker bar or ratchet you can find and a short extension (or buy/use a deep socket) so you can support the socket/ext while pushing down so it torques rather than pushes down with the handle.
i popped 3 off in about 10 min after i figured the first one out, the hardest part after that was getting the nut to separate from the socket

as asand1 said.

thank you, your way is working perfect, accept mine lug lock require size 15inch , the first 2 is easy, the last 2 its kinda already stretch the socket, I have to push straight down so it can grip more, but I got it all off :), wish you all good day !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back