Mixing Oil 5w20 5w30 10w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a friend that has a small shop that does auto repairs and he buys 1 qt. containers of oil by the cases to do oil changes on customers cars he uses 5w20 5w30 and 10w30 either cam 2 or conoco and after he uses the quarts he drains the remaining drops into a big container and uses that in his own cars. He mixes everything together and his cars run great. This guy wastes nothing and keeps his shop cleaner than most people keep their houses. Total neat freak my shop is the other way not so neat and clean

Yeah, basically he has lighter/thinner Xw30 oil in his engine.

I applause him for not wasting resources and using mixed oil in his cars, especially not using this mixed oil in customer's cars.

Yep no problem with that. My brother does the same thing, quite a bit of oil you can accumulate.

Well, mixing won't hurt a thing. I do the same thing and add the oils to OPE or top off my engines if needed between OCI's. My oil mix is the same as your friends(5W20, 5W30, 10W30).

When I start to accumulate too much oil, I have actually performed a full OCI with 5 qts of this mix. Engines run fine!
smile.gif

No point Lubener just a post saying exactly what it says and no more so sleep easy there is no hidden agendas in that post to ponder over.

i have heard of friends that let oil containers drain for weeks to get every last drop out of. it works and it is new oil!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back