Best Oil Filters for RACING

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://wixfilters.com/Content.aspx?ct=rc

WIX-57003R_ml_zps6q58fjin.jpg

just to be clear - for AUTOXing, what should the oil filter change interval be?

Change the filter with the oil? Or go every other? I'm averaging 1500mi per oil change before I send it out for a UOA, but once I'm done with those I'll probably be running 3k per oil change - change the filter with it?

No racing filter needed.
Any premium filter will flow well enough and have a working adbv and bypass if application requires it. Oversized filter with more media area is another option.

Fram Ultra, Purolator PSL, Napa Platinum, Amsoil, RoyalPurple, BaldwinHastibgs, Donaldson, Bosch Distance+, STP XL, M1, or K&N... should be fine.

Change filter with oil. And consider UOA, oil PSI, and oil temperature data logs to determine change interval and oil grade/brand.

Originally Posted By: Greasymechtech
No racing filter needed.
Any premium filter will flow well enough and have a working adbv and bypass if application requires it. Oversized filter with more media area is another option.

Fram Ultra, Purolator PSL, Napa Platinum, Amsoil, RoyalPurple, BaldwinHastibgs, Donaldson, Bosch Distance+, STP XL, M1, or K&N... should be fine.

Change filter with oil. And consider UOA, oil PSI, and oil temperature data logs to determine change interval and oil grade/brand.

that's what I had more or less figured, and yes, running UOAs which I can post once they all come back - question though, why change filters with oil when I'm only putting ~1k miles on it, albeit race miles? As opposed to emptying the filter and reinstalling?

I have no problem changing the filter every time, just curious as to why? Filters trap particles, and there shouldn't be that many particles from a dirt/silicon standpoint should there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back