Online Fax service, anyone use it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at getting into the modern age and ditching our Fax machine. We use it for our main business and some here at home with Susan's home business. Looked online and found some good info, just wanted any user advice.
smile.gif

Found this site and it has a good bit of info to look at. http://faxing-service-review.toptenreviews.com/

Last edited:
I've used GeniusFax with good luck. You buy credits and use them to send. If you need to receive a fax, then you can buy a fax number for some time for a few dollars.

I still have a free EFAX account.

But for a home office you will need a scanner or fax. I get documents from my employer I need to print & sign. No electronic signature.

Originally Posted By: Doog
I just scan to pdf and email.

Wait till you start dealing with legal entities. They have some antiquated rules regarding email vs faxed documents. I have had to deal with two estates over the last 3 years, and the people on the other end are old school.

Originally Posted By: Donald
But for a home office you will need a scanner or fax. I get documents from my employer I need to print & sign. No electronic signature.

Not really. There are mobile apps that work very well at "scanning" using the devices camera.

I've used GeniusScan and the image looks like a scan, is very clear to read and is a PDF. Very easy to use. I've scanned 15-20 page documents sitting in a hotel room in no time, rather than waiting til I got back to the office. No one knows the difference.

I just use the fax software that came with my HP printer. Scan the pages & create a PDF, select the FAX printer (not the real printer) and fax them right from the computer. Might be somewhat tedious if you're sending multiple pages every day but not too bad for low to moderate use. Easy to keep your PDFs archived for later resend if needed. The fax modem is in the printer so no need for one in the computer. I would never want a dedicated fax machine ever again.

I've used FoxFax or something to that extent on my Android devices, it worked great. I've used e-fax a few times in the past as well. It's convenient in a pinch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back