New Air Force One

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDW

34.gif

New Air Force One could be last jumbo jet

The new planes will be delivered to the Air Force in two years. Then there will be five years of testing before a new Air Force One goes into Presidential service. Just to research what to do during this time has a separate and independent contract signed by Air Force Secretary Deborah James of $1.6 billion. Modifications to the airliner will be put out to bid and this planning program is expected to save as much as $25 million. This is an example of our government accounting and their commitment to do whatever they can to keep the expenses under control.

The bottomless pockets of the [stupid] taxpayer treating the dime a dozen politicians like royalty. There are to many people wanting to be president to treat the presidents the way they are treated.

The cost of presidential airplane is miniscule compared to total cost of support for US president anytime they travel. It's a small industry worth of logistics, security, communications, hundreds of staff, dozens of vehicles, etc. It's tens of thousands of dollars per minute for any presidential trip. It is every POS terrorist's wet-dream target of a lifetime so unfortunately huge amounts of time, people, and money are required to keep US president and staff safe.

Last edited:
Who cares about the kids? The US kids have to stay stupid enough to continue the support of bombing foreign children. You have to krep the cycle going. The only thing that shocks me anymore is how gullible and "hopeful" people still are. Public relations office is obviously doing it's job. Back to forum topic who know knows the oil fill on AF1. (I don't care)
wink.gif
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: cashmoney
The cost of presidential airplane is miniscule compared to total cost of support for US president anytime they travel. It's a small industry worth of logistics, security, communications, hundreds of staff, dozens of vehicles, etc. It's tens of thousands of dollars per minute for any presidential trip.

Meanwhile, I believe the Queen gets two cops in a car?

I worked on the 747 floor sections for about 14 months then got layed off about Feb 1999.
It was cool seeing what goes on in the factory. I hated the job though. I did not sign up for a recall. The 747 is an awesome plane.

Looks so much nicer than the A380. I heard they are maybe going to break even on the A380, but don't have much if any orders for it.
Then again the 747 is kind of dieing off as well on orders...... But I think Boeing recouped their investment on that program.

We had the President in Kansas about a week ago. I would have liked to see the airplane. I bet it was bigger than a shopping mall. No matter the guy, meeting or seeing a President is a once in a lifetime experience no matter if they are on the left/right. Closest I ever came was cleaning for four Federal Judges and Sen. Roberts and I learned to really appreciate the opportunity to take care of those individuals. I now own my own business but getting the chance to work for govt and serve the people was a great responsibility and privledge!

Originally Posted By: Dyusik
Who cares about the kids? The US kids have to stay stupid enough to continue the support of bombing foreign children. You have to krep the cycle going. The only thing that shocks me anymore is how gullible and "hopeful" people still are. Public relations office is obviously doing it's job. Back to forum topic who know knows the oil fill on AF1. (I don't care)
wink.gif
wink.gif

I thought it was the obligation of the parents to care for the children....is it not?

I won't even get into the "bombing foreign children" remark.

Geez man....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back