Never any juicy oil deals in Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Oily_hair
No, they do.

9qibnk.png

A few months ago I tried to buy a 5 litre jug of this oil at the very store noted above on Sheppard Ave. I was told it was un available in 0W20. Notice the bottle pictured above is a 1 litre container. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think you will be able to find it.

Originally Posted By: WobblyElvis
A few months ago I tried to buy a 5 litre jug of this oil at the very store noted above on Sheppard Ave. I was told it was un available in 0W20. Notice the bottle pictured above is a 1 litre container. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think you will be able to find it.

The quantity is different when I select the 946 ml

2q8tvm9.png

I remember about a month ago I saw the 5L jugs at the Weston & 401 location.

Originally Posted By: WobblyElvis

Here is the proof

dpyasp.jpg

Good call HKPolice I found the MSDS sheets and it is made by Wakefield.

0W20 Formula 1 synthetic

Wakefield Castrol

So this is why Canadian GTX bottles look different compared to the states. The 43.01 cSt @ 40C doesn't match up with any Castrol synthetic 0w20 though. Either it's a unique blend for CT or just testing/batch variation.

Good call HKPolice I found the MSDS sheets and it is made by Wakefield.

Hmm, I wonder if that'll spread to other grades or if it's just to remain for this specific viscosity.

So what's the consensus...is the Motomaster Formula 1 0W20 a good buy? It's on sale for $24 right now, but most stores seem to carry a limited amount of these.

CT had a similar 0w20 sale not long ago around boxing day, seems to happen every month now..... Maybe they finally figured out that selling oil at a reasonable price is actually more profitable due to the exponentially higher volume of sales.

Originally Posted By: nobb
So what's the consensus...is the Motomaster Formula 1 0W20 a good buy? It's on sale for $24 right now, but most stores seem to carry a limited amount of these.

$24 for 5L would be considered a good buy. The limited quantities is probably because of low demand and the general public that are unaware of this weight being sold. CT does a pretty good job keeping the 0W20 obscure. The pic I took was at the floor level that if you didn't know any better you would have mistaken it for the 5w20 oil. With all this exposure in this thread I would imagine they will have a few sellouts in the future and possibly stocking more jugs on the shelf.

Originally Posted By: HKPolice
CT had a similar 0w20 sale not long ago around boxing day, seems to happen every month now..... Maybe they finally figured out that selling oil at a reasonable price is actually more profitable due to the exponentially higher volume of sales.

Formula 1, Pennzoil, Quaker State, Castrol & Mobil 1 all take their turns at the weekly sale so yes it usually works out to a month to a month in a half for it to go back on special. I think of the sale prices more like that is the actual retail price of oil especially when it is set at the 45% off mark....CT is fully aware that Canadians love seeing stores and ads plastered with red tag sales so the best bait for us suckers is to see a jug of $44.00 now down to $24.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back