2005 Ram Transmission issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
So last night I blew a transmission cooler line. Got new pressure and return hoses today and replaced them, and refilled the atf4. The truck won't shift past 2nd gear at all. Any suggestions on what it might be?

Info-2005 ram 2500 5.7l with 545rfe tranny

Nope, linkage fine. According to the shop manual, if the truck starts in both park and neutral, the adjustment is correct.

Do you have any check engine light on? Vehicle may be stuck in limp mode due to a solenoid pack failure or other electrical component problem that tripped when pressure dropped. My 2006 Ram 1500 has the same tranny and my solenoid pack let go at 80k miles. Similar symptoms to what you are having. Good luck

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
You cant clear Chrysler trans codes with a battery disconnect.

Yes you can. But they will come right back on once the sensor (whatever it is) is tripped again.

Read up on how to extract code though the DIC, Report back with the codes.

Note...If a transmission code is present the ECM will only report a P0700 code....Meaning a code/s are present in the TCM, A Scan tool is needed to read TCM codes.

So for the update. Just talked to the dealer, overdrive and everything past 2nd is burned out. They're tearing it down and the warranty company will come look at it to say whether they will cover it. So I wait.

Did you tell them that the hose blew? The hose probably isn't covered and they will claim that is what caused the trans failure. Cooler lines should not be under that much pressure to blow completely all at once, unless something caused a restriction. If anything they usually start with a small leak.

Originally Posted By: Ewag2983
The warranty company said they'll cover it. They say I'll have it back Wednesday.

Wow, which company? And how much was the warranty? My next vehicle purchase is probably not going to be a stupid simple vehicle...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back