MMO or Seafoam or Rislone for free sticky ring ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seafoam is basically pale oil and IPA, Chemtool uses stronger solvents and you definitely wouldn't want to drive with that in the oil at all. Idle only then drain.

On the TS MOLY website they use a moly additive and one of its purposes is to free stuck rings. Look it up and check it out. Again I would use a high moly additive to try and resolve your problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: Trav
Chemtool uses stronger solvents and you definitely wouldn't want to drive with that in the oil at all. Idle only then drain.

I drove my Saturn SC2 around for a few hundred miles on 14 Oz of
KREEN with no side effects. Oil got SUPER BLACK though...
wink.gif

Yes you can drive with Kreen in the oil. I drove a lot of cars for 1K with 16oz in the oil with a 5qt sump. No problems with any of them.
It does do what Kano Labs claims, good product. They are a very reputable company and have a money back guarantee.

I highly recommend and personally use this product a lot but not much on the board.
Many people don't want to go through the trouble of mail order only. For just a sticky ring issue Chemtool seems to work as well and quickly and it is available almost everywhere cheap.

I read alot about MMO,rislone concentrate, seafoam, berryman ect.
I just ran rislone concentrate, 16.9 oz. the website says too use in oil for entire OCI duration. I belive though, you replace 16.9 ozs of oilwith the rislone. They also say to clean up an engine, stuck rings, too use 2 16.9 ozs bottle, thats a quart of oil your going to replace with rislone. Drive 100 miles on it, then drain oil, change filter.
Right now i am running a quart of MMO with PYB 5w30,4 quart sump. Thier supposed to be slow cleaners.
In my reasearch, ive concluded..use mobil 1 oil. i had a 95 neon, and about 10 years ago, used it,did an oil change, 3 days later, i saw a puddle of FRESH oil under the car and looked. it was coming from rear main. The mobil 1 cleaned everything up for sure. or maybe the high mileage mobil one, though a few here seem too think or know, mobil has gutted the add package of thier high mileage symthetic.
Berryman in a can it will clean up an engine, 20 minute flush, but its a hostile toulene mix. pour in crankcase with engine cold* crank it, run 20 minutes, drain and replace filter.
I have seen some pics here, of others who used MMO in thier deisels, and pulled the valvecover off....SHOW ROOM floor condition looking engine.

Of course no one as far as i know, pulled the pistons out aftertoo check the rings. thats a HUGE project for anyone. it is simply'attributed' too thinking, it prob cleaned the rings out as well. But what i remember from2pics here few years ago, using MMO, dont remember the mileage they used it for,...the engines i do remember, and SHOW room condition..just barely visible varnish left.

The compression test kinda takes the guesswork out of the equation don't you think?
The problem with some compression test with these kinds of product is the product is used with new oil.
This can contribute to the cleaning over some thousands of miles making it more difficult to assess the product being used.

A test done with the product in the the old oil and repeated 20 min later under the same conditions with the old oil still in the pan is pretty conclusive IMHO.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Marco620
Try Liquimoly Oil Sludge Flush treatment followed by a low noack high mileage synthetic blend with MoS2.

Where do you source the Oil Sludge Flush (LM5200)? It is very difficult to find in the US. I had email exchange with Dave Bibb Director of US Sales for Liqui Moli in early January 2015 on this topic. He said that "The 5200 is approved for the US, unfortunately it is not sold much at all here by our distributors. The flush [LM2037} is what everyone seems to like. FYI – all our product comes from Germany straight to our distributors. If they don’t bring it into their stock house, then we have an issue finding it."

Yes, that should happen.

Some of those ingredients in the additives are not combusting, so coming out as smoke. Others are combusting into different by products than normal engine exhaust, plus loosened small solids coming through.

Depending upon additive, amount, state of engine, etc. it can be streams of white smoke for a a few minutes or huge clouds for 10 or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back