The Liberal Double Standard At Its Best

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by Pitbull:
and what did the lady say that wasn't true? Why would she have to apologize for the truth as she hears it? Motor guy your just lookin for anything to start a fight
smile.gif

I am not trying to start a fight.I am pointing out many of the double standards that Liberals/Democrats have.
They cried foul when Lott said what he did,yet the remarks by Dodd and Vilsack are acceptable.If this is not a double standard,then what is?

Guys, all the particulars of the Trent Lott issue are not perfectly fresh in my mind anymore, but they were at one point. A few still are. He was speaking at a lectern in front of cameras in plain view at Strom Thurmond's 100th birthday and he was looking for some nice things to say about the man.

There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY he was talking about segregation in that clumsy statement of his. If you’ve spent anytime on the campaign trail with a politician it is common for them to be at a loss for something substantive to say, depending on the circumstances. So, instead of being silent (like most of us would be) they usually revert to something they've said in the past (from memory). That line he used "we wouldn't have so many problems like we have today" was something he used in the past. He reverted to memory to say something and the result was a weird statement which was inferred by the Dems & media to be support for segregation ... which I can't believe for a second. If it were a private comment caught by a hidden microphone, that'd be totally different.

For the record, I didn't mind seeing Trent Lott go. I think at his core he was conservative but he was willing to compromise (PC speak for "sell out") on pretty much any issue in the name of political expediency.

--- Bror Jace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back