Toyota oil filter housing wrench.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: HangFire
Originally Posted By: jcwit
So did you return it to get a replacement for the defective on or just throw it away??

I'd place a bet if it was the more expensive one say made by Westwood you would!

I made the strategic decision to let it go unreported, in hopes HF would go out of business by continuing to sell junk and [censored] people off.
wink.gif

Very unlikely to happen as they have grown from a small mail order retail company to having over 500 B&M stores nation wide.

Why did I guess because you had little invested it was not worth them making it right with you even to the extant of refunding your money. Not a very smart strategic decision IMO, but then if you like losing cash, have at it.

I purchased mine at Wal-Mart, and have yet to have any problems, even tho it's made of "heaven forbid" PLASTIC.

I don't like losing cash... so spending $8 of gasoline to get to the nearest HF where I bought the $7.29 item is not a winning proposition. If I ever get back that way I'll consider it.

I have a 2010 Rav4 with the filter housing. So far the best filter tool I bought is the Assenmacher toy640. Here are a few observations and hints when removing and installing this housing.
1. It will take a lot of force to remove this housing, this is why you need a strong tool like the Assenmacher toy640.
2. There is a torque specification for the housing and the metal cap that you unscrew to drain the oil out. I believe the housing is around 18ftlb and the cap is 8 or 10 ftlb.
3. If the housing has a lot of road grime on the filter housing the tool will be much harder to take off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back