Anteater 2014 Formula One car unveiled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Klutch9
The new Force India nose isn't much better, but their livery is outstanding. And they still employ the black 'thong' to cover the small protrusion at the front.

If I had a team, I would have that extension thing be flat black and have "CENSORED" painted on it.

Originally Posted By: dparm
Originally Posted By: A_Harman
If it wins, it's beautiful.
The upcoming F1 season is shrouded in mystery.
Will the new powertrains be reliable?
Will any cars finish the first race?

And who will take home the double-points prize at the very end?
grin.gif

(stupidest thing ever, for the record)

Wow! You got that right. F1 killed the double points in the final race thing for 2015.

Lotus shows you can make a handsome 2015 nose, and with that iconic livery, I'd say it's the best looking F1 car in years.
28523.3.jpg

That is a nice looking modern F1 ride, but can the front wings get any more convoluted, intricate, or complex?
eek.gif
confused2.gif

(Of course they are effective, maybe even aerodynamically perfect, but look at that mess!)

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
That is a nice looking modern F1 ride, but can the front wings get any more convoluted, intricate, or complex?
eek.gif
confused2.gif

(Of course they are effective, maybe even aerodynamically perfect, but look at that mess!)

They certainly must do something, if not merely representing an excuse for all of that expensive wind-tunnel time.
Then there are those times when one is damaged during a race and the car's lap times don't seem to increase.

The new McLaren looks nice, I anticipate there will be some issues early with the Honda engine but I think they are finally headed in the right direction again.
MP4-30---3-4_cropped_6SMSAXl.jpg

I've been a McLaren fan as long as I remember, my dad was a chief mechanic on a semi-pro Can-Am team that ran a McLaren MK 8 when I was a little boy and I have been following them ever since.

Originally Posted By: BikeWhisperer
I've been a McLaren fan as long as I remember, my dad was a chief mechanic on a semi-pro Can-Am team that ran a McLaren MK 8 when I was a little boy and I have been following them ever since.

I remember those cars, and their crazy big block Chevy power, with those cool looking, 'staggered stack' Hilborn (or was it Lucas, I forgot) injector trumpets.
cool.gif

I REALLY regret not seeing those beasts driven in anger, by the top pros of the time, way back then.
frown.gif

(I know one can see them at current vintage events, but it is not the same.)

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Originally Posted By: BikeWhisperer

I remember those cars, and their crazy big block Chevy power, with those cool looking, 'staggered stack' Hilborn (or was it Lucas, I forgot) injector trumpets.
cool.gif

I REALLY regret not seeing those beasts driven in anger, by the top pros of the time, way back then.
frown.gif

(I know one can see them at current vintage events, but it is not the same.)

From what I've read about vintage Can-Am cars, they're actually more powerful and better handling than the originals. One of those cars with an EFI 572 Chevy would be a wicked piece. I don't think the engines in the original Can-Am got over 512.

But the drivers probably don't clang when they walk the way that Denny Hulme or George Follmer would have back in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back