Great Timing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 3800Series
What brand?

Michelin Premier A/S

It looks as though the tire has "split" in that area. A MFG defect?

The split DOES NOT look like a road hazard "slice" into the tire.

Will the tire dealer take care of the tire under the RHW or do you NOT HAVE RHW?

Last edited:
This is one of the great benefits of buying from Costco/BJs/Sams. Road hazard is included with all tire purchases. They'll fix Critic up, no questions asked. I've had to have at least one tire replaced on most sets I've purchased in the last 5-10 years.

I agree that it looks at least as much like a tire split than a slice from something on the road.

Is that evidence of an impact on the wheel or is it residue from the installation and coincidentally directly in line with the tire damage?

That sucks
frown.gif
Looks like some sort of tire failure.

For the Michelin is end-all-be-all folks ...

I thought Michelin was immune to these sorts of failures?

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Is that rubber on the rim? Like you nailed a pot hole.

+1

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
That's too close to the sidewall; I don't think they can fix that.

If its not in the tread any reputable company wont fix it. A small mechanic shop may road-plug it but a patch wont stick to the sidewall. I make calls like this everyday and if its not in the tread its non-repairable.

Originally Posted By: Miller88

Is this a question or a statement? If it's a statement, then I'd wager that you're the only one who believes it. If it's a question, then I can't quite make out what you're asking.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd

Is this a question or a statement? If it's a statement, then I'd wager that you're the only one who believes it. If it's a question, then I can't quite make out what you're asking.

Probably someone trying to make themselves feel good for buying low grade chinesium tires...

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd

Probably someone trying to make themselves feel good for buying low grade chinesium tires...

One of my sets of tires were made in China, yes.

But they are of good quality. I just don't understand why Michelin is held in such high regard here - almost godlike status.

Because there not made in China. China tried to destroy the US tire industry by flooding the US market with cheap government subsidized tires. Who in there right mind would support that is a better question.

Originally Posted By: R2d2
Because there not made in China. China tried to destroy the US tire industry by flooding the US market with cheap government subsidized tires. Who in there right mind would support that is a better question.

I bought a set of made in China Coopers. A US owned company ...

That's the tire bead sealant/goop they put on the wheel to lube it for installation and seal it from leaks.

They should replace free you might have to pay installation.

To each there own, I will always look for the country of manufacture for any tire I buy and will absolutely not buy one made in China.

Originally Posted By: R2d2
To each there own, I will always look for the country of manufacture for any tire I buy and will absolutely not buy one made in China.

Its not always that easy Michelin has made in china tires.. as does Goodyear and Cooper.

I try to avoid them but sometimes your size is only made in one plant.

Tirerack is usually the goto source for where your USA/CANADA market tires are coming from. Which doesnt cover every tire brand.

But thats getting off topic. You should take all this COO etc stuff to another thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back