Never change oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: otis24
Thanks AKA.
It seemed to be seated good, but who knows. What would be the tell-tale signs if it isn't properly seated?

If it is properly seated the valve will "snap" into place in the valve cover. You see the indent on the outer rubber piece of the valve, that will snap into the lip of the valve cover opening. The top of the rubber on the valve will sit about 1/8" below the opening. Good luck man

I'm 1000 miles into my Valv MaxLife and shes still burning at the same rate of 0.5 qts every 1000 miles...ugh.

I've accepted my fate with the infamous 3.8

I am holding out hope that perhaps something will/is helping. I could accept one qt/2k miles. Might be able to jstify the cost of synthetic if it reduces the consumption. I will still give MaxLife a try, then switch back to PU if the MaxLife doesn't work.

Update:

After topping off with a 1/2 qt of PSB 5w30(still have some left over) my oil level has finally stabilized with the MaxLife 5w30!!! After 1000 miles from the top off I am still reading full...unbelievable! Granted I only have 2000 miles on the ML, I am impressed.

It has been 1800 miles since my last top off. I used PU 5w/30, the last of my Ultra stash. This top off will be with PYB 10w/30. I bought a case on sale for $3.29 per quart. Will probably do one shorter OCI with just PYB to see what the results are. I had considered using Pennzoil Synthetic Blend, but it is only available in 5w/30 at my local Wal-Mart.

Just a suggestion, how would this work, use whatever viscosity you like for 3 qts, and then top it off with high detergent dino with a straight #40. I am thinking he would get the protection of the synthetics and possibly the #40 would bypass some of those leaks. WRITE BACK ON THIS.

Ive decided that I will be changing oil every 6 months, regardless of miles. Primarily because this vehicle sees a LOT of short tripping. Mileage will probable be around 10k based on what I generally average per year. With having to add a quart of oil about every 1k to 1.5k miiles, there should be plebnty of additive rejuvenation going on. Oil will be the cheapest synthetic I can buy. I just stocked up on some pennz Plat cheap! If my oci's average 10k, ive got enough oil to last me about 4 years.

There are some ocassional trips to Colorado (1400 miles round trip) and Sioux Falls (250 round trip). Thats how I rack up 10k in 6-7 months. Otherwise, driving is a few blocks around town during the course of a day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back