Nissan air filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Factory Nissan air filters any good or should I look elsewhere? (2012 Nissan Pathfinder 4.0 V6)

While I can't speak specifically for the pathfinder, why would a manufacturer give you low quality air filters that don't work?

I'll say they might be better than whats out there. My Xterra had one that was almost cotten esque but when getting it from the dealer (replacement, same p/n) it was completely different (standard paper filter).

The Scion TC came with a similar one, and again same issue with replacement.

I have one in mine. It's got a red element and black rubber. Looks pretty cool and it seems like it does just fine. No dust in intake tract.

Nissan filters for their truck line (at least) are oiled paper. If you substitute a dry paper filter, people have reported problems on the Nissan Frontier websites. They are very good filters and i would strongly recommend their use.

The only way you can really decide on which fitter to use is to get a list of all the manufacturers who produce a filter for your application, then pick the one with the highest % efficiency at the smallest particle size while still maintaining sufficient CFM to feed your motor at WOT.

Or just save yourself the hassle and flip a coin for Mann or Mahe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back