Havoline Full Syn w/ pro ds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oreilly has a deal out 5 qts and a microgard filter for 24.99 and a $10 mail in rebate giftcard. Is this oil capable of 10k oci? I haven't seen too much information about this oil on this site.

Should be great oil, its made by Chevron, no slouch.
Havoline Full Syn has great performance qualifications too.
GM4718M (SAE 5W-30, 10W-30)
GM dexos1™ (SAE 0W-20, 5W-20, 5W-30)
Honda HTO-06 (SAE 5W-30)

It's difficult to say if it can go 10k miles without knowing more about the vehicle and its usage. But Havoline is solid, so if you think most synthetics could go 10k miles in your usage, then there's no reason to doubt Havoline.

Havoline is a Chevron product, and I've never been disappointed by a Chevron product, so I'd use it without hesitation.

I am not sure on the interval just due to the lower TBN it starts with vs. some of the other brands but I can vouch for the quality of the oil. I have used it in the 5W30 flavor (not the proDS, but I assume its the same as the previous with just a new name). It is a light 30w, so something to consider if your vehicle is prone to shearing oil. Has one of the higher Volatilities for synthetic at 13% as well although the 10w30 is around 9% I think. I am going to shoot for the 10w30 flavor this summer, should withstand the heat better. It is a good oil and I will continue to use it off and on based on sales. Just and FYI, AAP usually has deals on this from time to time for 19.99 with 5 quarts and a driveworks filter (which I don't use)but can upgrade most of the time to a pureone for 2 dollars more, 4 dollars a quart is tough to beat for this kind of quality oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back