BARIUM 0

INSOLUBLES 0.2
WATER 0
FLASHPOINT ºF 410
SUS VIS 210ºF 59.7
cSt @ 212ºF 10.13
TBN 3.6

Last edited:
my bad - I thought this was edited properly.

Biggest question - Iron went up to 25. Cause for concern? I had new intake manifold gaskets put on half way thru this run on the Napa Syn 5w30

Originally Posted By: DirkDiggler
Biggest question - Iron went up to 25. Cause for concern? I had new intake manifold gaskets put on half way thru this run on the Napa Syn 5w30

We there you go. The oil should be changed at the time of the engine repair in my opinion. If you had the gaskets changed at a shop there is a possibility that they changed the oil and you just did a UOA on bulk shop oil.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I doubt it--looks too much like NAPA Syn

I have a 95 Tahoe--only has 135K on it, I'll have to get the UOA and compare to yours

Originally Posted By: bubbatime

We there you go. The oil should be changed at the time of the engine repair in my opinion. If you had the gaskets changed at a shop there is a possibility that they changed the oil and you just did a UOA on bulk shop oil.

no - they didn't change the oil.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime

Why? This is a plastic intake with no oil or coolant passages when the intake comes off. Absolutely no reason to change the oil when pulling this intake. I pull intake manifolds off BMW I6's all the time at work, and same deal - plastic intake that bolts to the intake side of the head. You think I should be doing oil changes then too? Thats crazy, completely separate, unrelated systems.

I wouldn't worry about it, all other metals are low. Correct me if I am wrong, isn't the 5.3 known for shedding iron? I would say the oil is doing a good job looking at the rest of the report. I wouldn't shy away from NAPA/Valvoline Syn, if it were me I would run it again and do another report to see if the iron trends down some, could just be an anomaly. Other reports using this oil seem to come out excellent in many engines.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back