slides leaked from official internal GM powepoint

Status
Not open for further replies.
hlgdsy7imwqqp8aw9y0e.png

pezkiumupxfgnckogmxk.png

zldujsjwt5iqc1djngnt.png

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Just don't end up on Jalopnik.

right, i was googling for "gm service part identification" and this popped up, LOL

Ya,they wanted to forget about both Corvair and the X cars shortly after both came out...

Last Week Tonight w/John Oliver did a segment on this a while back. They even made their own GM commercial for it. I'm sure the full segment is available online, but here's the commercial they made:

And this is how it is sooooo common to take a car in with a problem and be told the old, "unable to replicate" or "within acceptable performance" or " nothing notable" LOL

I just saw a fella in his late 60's starting to blow in a dealership the other day,. He was quiet but starting to blow. The management team surrounded him to literally shield his sound and started talking just a bit louder than him to create a voice muzak. Then they ushered him to the farthest office down the hall.

Like they literally train for this stuff. To either get you down the hall to a room or maybe even take you out to the loud shop area to get you out of the purchaser's eyes.

I was looking at the new camry underhood and a guy in his 40's was saying to be that he had his car in. I showed him how there was no dipstick for the tranny, he was PO'ed.

Welcome to corporate America. This is not unique to GM. I suspect any corporation that sells billions of dollars in products has communications guidelines.

Originally Posted By: SumpChump
And this is how it is sooooo common to take a car in with a problem and be told the old, "unable to replicate" or "within acceptable performance" or " nothing notable" LOL

I just saw a fella in his late 60's starting to blow in a dealership the other day,. He was quiet but starting to blow. The management team surrounded him to literally shield his sound and started talking just a bit louder than him to create a voice muzak. Then they ushered him to the farthest office down the hall.

Like they literally train for this stuff. To either get you down the hall to a room or maybe even take you out to the loud shop area to get you out of the purchaser's eyes.

I was looking at the new camry underhood and a guy in his 40's was saying to be that he had his car in. I showed him how there was no dipstick for the tranny, he was PO'ed.

I would really like them to try that on me..........

Welcome to corporate [censored].

For example, my Silverado has an "imperfect" intermediate shaft.

Not a "horrible engineering and bean counter failure on a part that should have been perfected during the Nixon administration. Which is further compounded by GM failing to issue a recall for the problem and instead simply going full ostrich with their head in the sand"

See now that first one sounds so much better!

You can have fun with these [censored] charts though, here is a challenge , describe some GM [censored] using as many words as possible from the first one!

My Silverado has a debilitating steering rack leak that is imitating the Exon Valdez and the fix is about as successful as the Titanic's water proof bulkheads.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: hattaresguy

My Silverado has a debilitating steering rack leak that is imitating the Exon Valdez and the fix is about as successful as the Titanic's water proof bulkheads.

speaking about bulkheads, supposedly lawyers say one is supposed to say bulkhead instead of firewall, LOL.

crackmeup2.gif

How could one possibly use the word Cobain when talking about a car?
confused2.gif

Kevorkianesque? Seriously?!? This was the first time I have ever seen that word...let alone use it in a sentence. (..and I know who Kevorkian is)
21.gif

Why does this surprise anyone?

In today's litigious society where anything can be used against you and everything is discoverable, it's best to watch what you say.

You can thank the lawyers for this PC nonsense.

It's completely reasonable that a company would coach its employees to avoid language like that, and to discuss defects with weasel-words instead.

What's more interesting is how they came up with those specific words. Was somebody just brainstorming? That doesn't suggest a lot of confidence in the product. Or was the list forged from fiery and powerfully expensive experience?

I first thought "Challenger" was a reference to the Camaro's competition, but I guess maybe they mean the shuttle that exploded?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back