hyndai xg350 water pump job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got one in for a wp and timing belt. Absolutely no room to work on it plus its hugly over engineered! Its got bolts in places that don't need bolts! And accessing those overtightened bolts is nearly impossible.

Has to be the most frustrating job I have done in my life. Add this to the list of cars I hate!

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Were those a stablemate to the Kias that they were always trying to sell because it looked like a Benz?

They are a close relative. Same engine. The Kia was called the Amanti which translates to "lovers" in Italian. So it's a Kia Lovers. Clearly it was "pick an Italian sounding name out of a hat" day at Kia when they came up with that one.

The Amanti came after the XG, so I guess Kia got the platform as a hand me down.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Were those a stablemate to the Kias that they were always trying to sell because it looked like a Benz?

Not quite W210 Benz, not quite S type Jag.

Originally Posted By: Silverado12
Seems to me like a scheduled maintenance item should be easy to do (like the timing belt on the 3.5 Dodge).

Eh, the 3.5L Chrysler motor you're saying is easy is quite a time consuming job. I've done two of them now and some other engines I've done in the past are much easier imo.

Originally Posted By: anonobomber
Seems to me like a scheduled maintenance item should be easy to do (like the timing belt on the 3.5 Dodge).

Eh, the 3.5L Chrysler motor you're saying is easy is quite a time consuming job. I've done two of them now and some other engines I've done in the past are much easier imo.

My first timing belt was a Chrysler 3.5, if you subtract the hiccups I had with getting the timing right, it was difficult, but I thought not too bad. My motor is longitudinally mounted. I wouldn't want to thing about a transverse setup...

Originally Posted By: aualtima3.5
Originally Posted By: anonobomber

My first timing belt was a Chrysler 3.5, if you subtract the hiccups I had with getting the timing right, it was difficult, but I thought not too bad. My motor is longitudinally mounted. I wouldn't want to thing about a transverse setup...
this stupid hyndai has about 1.25 inches between the engine and the side of the engine compartment. The job calls for 4.9 hrs. Took me 7 just to get it apart!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back