Being a parts or service advisor at a dealership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with dwcopple that "Parts is the ticket". I've worked with several guys that were previous parts counter men. One worked in procurement on federal contracts the other was a technician for a defense contractor. Both worked their way up with only a high school degree.

The key skills they brought with them were being able to negotiate, be cool with hot people, and deal with complexity. The bosses who hired them instantly recognized how tough a job working the parts counter was, and the recommendations they brought with them meant a lot.

I was actually looking for "prostitute" in your previous experience, because you are going to be paid to **** people.
wink.gif

I just have to chuckle at the number of service "advisors" that
get annoyed, and patronizing, and even sometimes obnoxious when a informed and intelligent consumer like myself heads into the
$tealership for some service work to be done. More often than not they HATE customers that actually know their vehicles, and have a working knowledge of how things operate, and even do some of their own basic work. I have actually told a few of these idiots,
"Well if you don't want my business, AND MONEY I will gladly go somewhere else that does, and I'd like to speak to the service manager please". 9/10 times the poor "attitude" will change on a dime. LOL

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
I just have to chuckle at the number of service "advisors" that
get annoyed, and patronizing, and even sometimes obnoxious when a informed and intelligent consumer like myself heads into the
$tealership for some service work to be done. More often than not they HATE customers that actually know their vehicles, and have a working knowledge of how things operate, and even do some of their own basic work. I have actually told a few of these idiots,
"Well if you don't want my business, AND MONEY I will gladly go somewhere else that does, and I'd like to speak to the service manager please". 9/10 times the poor "attitude" will change on a dime. LOL

Lol! I just love this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back