Jeep 4.0 and microgreen oil filter test

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Jeep has 6K on its oil and I have a new microgreen filter in a box. I was considering doing a UOA, then change to a microgreen for 1K miles, then UOA and dump the oil.

Or, change the oil now using the microgreen and go 6K then UOA and change.

The MG filter is stated as a 10,000 mile item. If you're wanting to really test it you need to use it as directed, don't you think?

I just installed my third one in the 30,000 mile MG cycle. So, I have 20,000 miles on the oil with 1/2 quart make-up oil added at each filter change. When I hit 30,000 I'll do a UOA. THAT will be a true test of the filter mfg's claims.

I am looking to see the "extra" filtering capabilities it has beyond a normal filter (M1). Their website says they can clean dirty oil. That is what I was planning on testing.

Do a uoa and a particle count on the oil that is in the car now. Send it off to the lab. Then change filters with out adding top off oil then run for 2,000 miles then do another uoa and a particle count using the exact same sample methods. Then post both uoas. I am holding my breath.

The other issue is (if you have seen my UOAs) that the reman engine is seeing higher than normal copper in the UOA. That is something I hope the microgreen filter will (might) remove).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back