How to I say no, to this situation without .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. My new job trainer , she the one taught our class for our new job, we done all her class and going through all the exam process ... and properly start this job very soon.

I got a text from her this morning, she invite me as her guest to her meeting. Well I ask her what its about, she say about " healthy stuff and start a business " , so I attend to her meeting, they talk about product and try get peoples pay this amount to joint, and try get friend and family to joint and their friend and family to joint type of thing.. and you get %%%% out off it..

this meeting got nothing to do with what she taught me at other place. And I was confuse at first, and ask myself " why she take me here ? and its got nothing to do with the job I am sign up for "...

I told her I think about it after the meeting, and she want my answer next day, My heart is already for the new job, I am having 0% interest on this thing she want me in, so how do I say no to this situation, without breaking up our good neutral .. Im also kinda afraid about breaking up neautral between us and mabe its could effect get into my new job, if she say something to the new job that hiring me kind of thing...

Say "I'm sorry, but I don't have the money and time for your offer, but thank you for thinking of me."

Do you have money you want to spend on the offer?
No

Do you have time you want to spend on the offer?
No

What you told the person is perfectly true. You have not lied.

It sounds like a pyramid scheme.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rick in PA
...It sounds like a pyramid scheme.

My first thought too when I read it, classic Ponzi scheme.

Just politely say, no thank you.

And really if it is a pyramid scheme, very inappropriate for her to pressure you using her position. But not surprising with those type programs/events.

On top of what has been said, if this new business competes in any way (including for time) with the other business or if the "trainer" used access (say to your phone number) provided as part of her other position most corporations would require reporting it under the code of conduct.

(conflict of interest or misuse of company access/assets)

If she won't take "no" for an answer and continues to pressure you maybe you could go to someone high up in your company and just ask them if joining her group is part of your job. Tell them you are uncomfortable with her trying to distract you from doing your job and making unwanted offers on company time. That should get some results right away.

Thank you you guys, I feel alot better on this situation now. I do not have time or extra money for this type of business. I am not not a good person try to convince a random person off the street or go door to door try to sell the product. And most important of all, I have 0% interest on this type of business, I try it before and its fail badly. and saw couple friend doing same thing and its fail badly also.

Run sounds like a scam , sad the way some people get money , lie cheat and steel , Either way If you tell her no and you don't get the job you know its a scam

Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
Originally Posted By: abycat
is she cute?

Nope, she is very nice though.

ha ha didn't know if she was kinda asking you out. I would just be nice and say is not really your thing. Be really grateful though.

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
On top of what has been said, if this new business competes in any way (including for time) with the other business or if the "trainer" used access (say to your phone number) provided as part of her other position most corporations would require reporting it under the code of conduct.

Yes, it sounds like the trainer probably over stepped her bounds by recruiting you for a different, unrelated job and/or by using your personal information with the first company to contact you about this second "opportunity."

I would just politely tell her no, but if she pressures you, go above her and tell her superiors what she is doing. It doesn't sound ethical at all and I'm sure the company you are training with would not be happy to hear about this. Even more so since it is a scheme that you will almost certainly lose money on. The trainer may be nice, but she is trying to rope you into something for her own benefit, not yours.

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
Originally Posted By: DuckRyder

Yes, it sounds like the trainer probably over stepped her bounds by recruiting you for a different, unrelated job and/or by using your personal information with the first company to contact you about this second "opportunity."

I would just politely tell her no, but if she pressures you, go above her and tell her superiors what she is doing. It doesn't sound ethical at all and I'm sure the company you are training with would not be happy to hear about this. Even more so since it is a scheme that you will almost certainly lose money on. The trainer may be nice, but she is trying to rope you into something for her own benefit, not yours.

I already saw this miles away, I just have to find a nice way out without breaking our neutral. not from her neutral to me, but me to her kinda thing.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
If she won't take "no" for an answer and continues to pressure you maybe you could go to someone high up in your company and just ask them if joining her group is part of your job. Tell them you are uncomfortable with her trying to distract you from doing your job and making unwanted offers on company time. That should get some results right away.

This ^^^^

To me, it also sounds like she's cute. Lol.

I'd tell her how it is honestly. Be polite about it of course.. In order for there to be a neutral, she must also respect your decision.

If she doesn't respect your polite decline, then there was no neutral to begin with IMO.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
To me, it also sounds like she's cute. Lol.

I'd tell her how it is honestly. Be polite about it of course.. In order for there to be a neutral, she must also respect your decision.

If she doesn't respect your polite decline, then there was no neutral to begin with IMO.

Yes I did, but honestly my job are paying 2-3 time more then what she offer me to do. Beside I dont like go door to door selling product, I like my set of hours pay and I know exactly how much I bring home weekly...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back