Drive Works Oil Filters Verses The Others ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^^I can't find the thread with the member conversation with the AAP rep regarding DW efficiency, but iirc that sounds about in the range of efficiency mentioned. That's still word of mouth but it seems reasonable.

Mention a Mexican/ Chinese made Fram/ WIX and nobody bats an eye.. Mention a Chinese DW (<sounds like a disease IMO) and everybody loses their minds!

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Mention a Mexican/ Chinese made Fram/ WIX and nobody bats an eye.. Mention a Chinese DW (div>

+1

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Mention a Mexican/ Chinese made Fram/ WIX and nobody bats an eye.. Mention a Chinese DW (div>

Fram and Wix are well known filter manufacturing companies. They have corporate websites and technical support lines.

Please tell me about this company Driveworks?

While you do have a point, the above comments were referring to their country of origin.. China.

Never once was their corporate websites and/ or technical hotlines mentioned.

I know companies have to cut costs, but it does sadden me to see Fram/ WIX, Craftsman etc (or other US companies) having their products made overseas. I have said this before, but the WIX equivelent to my moms Elantra is $8. Not bashing the brand, but for about $2 less, I could buy something more efficient that was US made.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
craftsman tools at one time were great now most things made by craftsman are not so good.

I saw a video and some SNAP-ON Tools are starting to say made in SPAIN and made in CHINA.
A guy on you tube even shows a video....

Just sucks IMO....

also back to oil filters.. there is no driveworks site... and i find that odd since they sell more then just oil filters. They sell tie rods and ball joints and wheel hubs and fuel pumps and even alternators and waterpumps. You look at AAP for a part for your car and most times DRIVE WORKS will have the part and it will be much more cheaper.

SO I find it starnge they have no home page / site.

There's no website because Driveworks is a house brand for Advance Auto Parts.... as Duralast is a house brand for Auto Zone.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
There's no website because Driveworks is a house brand for Advance Auto Parts.... as Duralast is a house brand for Auto Zone.

So Advanced manufacturers them? If not who? I think the problem with "China" is that these may be manufactured by the lowest bidder factory in China by some no name local company. It's very different when Fram or Wix has their own factory with their inhouse quality control standards in a country like Mexico.

So China makes DW filters and always has, yet WIX FRAM and others used to make them here but moved those jobs overseas and they're...better? The world mkt is very complicated and it is very difficult not to buy from China, Mexico etc. But i know we all have our preferences.

Last edited:
The difference 'for me' between Wix/Fram/Purolator and DW, is the former all have a major manufacturing and business presence in the US. And the vast majority of their oil filters 'are' made in the US. Their filters are also readily available and reasonably priced, especially so when caught on sale.

The DW as mentioned, likely a low bidder option to AAP which in this case happens to be a coo in China. That's no knock on it's construction appearance, just a point to note.

To each their own.

Originally Posted By: wemay
So China makes DW filters and always has, yet WIX FRAM and others used to make them here but moved those jobs overseas and they're...better? The world mkt is very complicated and it is very difficult not to buy from China, Mexico etc. But i know we all have our preferences.

Yeah I don't get it either.

Folks were complaining about US jobs being taken away.. Not quality control. I do see the QC being an issue, but I am only making this assumption because we know nothing about DW.

I am sure foreign made WIX and a Fram filters are fine, but if there's a US made option to be had for roughly the same price (sometimes less) than a foreign made one, I say go for it.

The Mexican WIX 51334 vs. the US Fram 9688 being a perfect example.

If anyone wants specs on the Driveworks filters badly enough, then contact Advance Auto Parts corporate, and don't take no for an answer. It is that simple.

It is a filter that they apparently have a contract with someone to make for them, so they should know what the specs are.

If they won't tell, or you don't like the specs that they send... then don't buy it.

Kia And Hyundai make excellent vehicles with great a warranty i see that in my engine shop and i own two of them personally. Great suv's also

Originally Posted By: ted s
people complaining about china filters while buying kias and hundyis

KIA and Hyundai both produce cars in the US.

Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
Originally Posted By: ted s
people complaining about china filters while buying kias and hundyis

That are made in the US or Korea. Way better than China.

Wait until the time that the car is made in China. The oil filter will be the least of worries!
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back