Phobias

Status
Not open for further replies.
The recent OCD thread, and the one about missing forum members, reminded me of my phobia. I suffer from ailurophobia, which is the fear of cats. Specifically, I am terrified of cats eating my dangly bits and other assorted soft parts. I cat-proofed my house years ago.

How about your phobias?

hotwheels

Nice. I have a cat, she brings me treats..squirrel rabbits mice shrews rats. Can't call mine a phobia, borderline maybe. The grass on my [censored] in the outdoor dump feels like insects crawling up my business so I pick a tall stump to drop a duce. Otherwise I wait and hold my poop.
smile.gif

LOL x 100! Pack some number two tickets from the Charmin Company and your phobia will go away. My only phobia is dying before my favourite hockey team wins a stanley cup.

I have a phobia of writing english papers that specify a length, It hard for me to come up with that much [censored] and I for the life of me, can't do it.

I have Didaskaleinophobia. It's the fear of going to school. Strangely, I mean that quite literally. The fear of GOING to school. Once I'm at school I'm good to go, but driving there and walking into the building is gaspingly taxing.

Writing in Office Farewell, retirement, maternity leave cards.

I'm dyslexic, but can usually cover it well. but writing in a card that others have written in ie. it cannot be thrown in the trash and started again, really freaks me out.

In the past I have faked sudden illness rather than write in those bloody cards.

Originally Posted By: Dyusik
Nice. I have a cat, she brings me treats..squirrel rabbits mice shrews rats. Can't call mine a phobia, borderline maybe. The grass on my [censored] in the outdoor dump feels like insects crawling up my business so I pick a tall stump to drop a duce. Otherwise I wait and hold my poop.
smile.gif

You may be suffering from delusionary parasitosis. I feel for you! Why do you do your business outdoors?

hotwheels

Camping, or a REALLY long hike. I don't drop bombs on random occasion just for fun.
smile.gif

Flying, I know its safe, its the feeling of being trapped and not in control not a fear of crashing.If I ever had to get on a plane I would need a sedative or something.
Same for being in a traffic jam or stuck on a bridge to a lesser degree. I just do not like situations where I cannot "escape"
Also afraid of heights like in buildings or bridges,Strangely it does not bother me to sit 25 feet up in a tree bow hunting.

Originally Posted By: bradepb
Flying, I know its safe

True, flying is perfectly safe. It's only the impact that is almost always lethal.

hotwheels

I can't say that I'm afraid of much of anything or have any sort of phobia.

I suppose if I were forced to give an answer I'd have to say that I don't want to be a burden to anyone as I age-it's one of the reasons why I work hard to keep myself healthy. I see people my age who are in nursing/retirement homes just waiting to die; it is something I'll never allow to happen to me.

I've always tackled any fears I have head on.

I don't like crowds or dealing with people at times. Hence why I prefer shopping super early/ late and self checkouts.

That pretty much sums it up.

I had a phobia of flying insects for quite a while. Makes sense, since when I was five years old, I was attacked by a nest of yellow jackets and stung well in excess of 100 times. My brother was stomping on the nest (in the ground) to see what would happen. What happened is that they attacked me. I've had quite a run of bad luck with stinging insects, having been stung by yellow jackets, wasps, bees, bumble bees, and a few other things.

I have mostly overcome this phobia, but I sure don't like to see large concentrations of bee-sized insects.

Just last year, I was walking up a driveway at a jobsite, and suddenly felt a stinging sensation on my right hand. I looked down, and there was a bee sitting there. I'm happy to say that I didn't flip out, just flicked the bee off and scratched over the skin to remove the poison sac. I didn't see any other bees around, so I'm not sure how the bee chose me.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: Marco620
My only phobia is dying before my favourite hockey team wins a stanley cup.

Are you a Leafs fan or something?
wink.gif

gotta be a canucks fan. I think even the leafs have won a cup. Might have been 30 plus years ago.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
I don't like crowds or dealing with people at times. Hence why I prefer shopping super early/ late and self checkouts.

That pretty much sums it up.

mines not a phobia but I agree with you. I also hate when people stand so close to you they touch you. I usually adjust my stance and take a step back then give them a dirty look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back