Tesla P85D acceleration

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's great. I like in the end where the lateral acceleration kept the little girl's phone (little girls have phones??!) from sliding straight down the seat back.

I also love how quiet the whole thing is during heavy acceleration.

It *should* be the quickest wheel-driven thing on the planet up to a certain speed. Electric motors integrate with traction control so perfectly that it should be able to keep the tires right on the fuzzy edge of breaking loose (without actually doing so) until it transitions to being horsepower-limited. And even *that* is a pretty high rate of speed, given that its rated at 691 ponies and is AWD. The fact that it weighs more than a Hellcat makes me smile a lot, though. Then I don't see anyone calling it a "fat pig" and I start to feel annoyed again...

The 10L BOSS. 0-60 in 1.9 seconds
grin.gif

Your missing the point. It's not about what car is the fastest from 0-60. It's the fact that Tesla's rate of acceleration is impressive for an Electric Car.

Originally Posted By: Warstud
Your missing the point. It's not about what car is the fastest from 0-60. It's the fact that Tesla's rate of acceleration is impressive for an Electric Car.

I'm not missing the point at all, it was more in response to 440Magnum's post.

Originally Posted By: 440Magnum
It *should* be the quickest wheel-driven thing on the planet up to a certain speed. Electric motors integrate with traction control so perfectly that it should be able to keep the tires right on the fuzzy edge of breaking loose (without actually doing so) until it transitions to being horsepower-limited. And even *that* is a pretty high rate of speed, given that its rated at 691 ponies and is AWD. The fact that it weighs more than a Hellcat makes me smile a lot, though. Then I don't see anyone calling it a "fat pig" and I start to feel annoyed again...

The fat pig was the Fisker!`5300 lbs!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: EdwardC
That's great. I like in the end where the lateral acceleration kept the little girl's phone (little girls have phones??!) from sliding straight down the seat back.

I also love how quiet the whole thing is during heavy acceleration.

+1. That's almost 1g or horizontal acceleration then. Impressive. I would like to see the same videos with a Porsche 918.

...and how many millions of tax dollars did that wonderful green venture of Fisker cost the US tax payer?...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Warstud
a well build electric car. The major manufactures put out crud!Quality would call Tesla quality as they are amazing!

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
I would totally rock a P85D, that thing is faster than my Mustang and makes all the tree-huggers happy.

I would absolutely drive one if I got it really cheap or free, although to be fair at probably about $15 for a 200 mile charge, it's actually cheaper to buy gas for my current DD. I pay that much for about 300 miles of range. Then again my car takes 10.5 seconds to get to 60.

Anyway back to the comment, if I had the money I would still much rather buy a GT-R. Faster 0-60. Higher top speed. Infinitely better suspension. Much more can be modified. And I'd still have $10,000 left over for the first several years of maintenance and gas compared to a P85D similarly equipped.

By no means am I saying the P85D is a bad car, just a bit too expensive still. Residential solar needs to become a thing as well as well as battery packs that double the power density or so before I'd actually buy an electric car. Love the idea, don't have the feels for the initial investment.

Originally Posted By: philipp10
where do you change the oil....

You unscrew a 5 quart bottle and throw it in the back, all Teslas built since June 2014 have special channels in the trunk that direct oil dumped anywhere in there to the oil compartment, and they have lifetime oil filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back