Blizzard Warning in New Jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got to watching CNN at the gym last night ... wow, they made it sound like the world was going to end.

Not too bad here in "upstae". Only had about 2 inches of snow. No plows AT ALL - even this morning. I had to shovel the hill because there was a line of stuck cars and AWD suvs on it.

Protip: Your CR-V's AWD system isn't going to help if you have 4 bald tires.

That feeling you get when passing a line of stuck vehicles (including stuck AWD) in your front wheel drive Focus - priceless
laugh.gif

Back in 1976 I was snowed in at FT Wayne Indiana for a week. The blizzard seemed to last about 4 days and when it stopped snowing there was it seemed about 4 feet of snow at the low areas the drifts were 6+ feet tall. I hate snow, it is just too cold. If snow was 70*f I would be happeir about it
smirk.gif

Originally Posted By: Al
As I predicted..way less than the "fear mongers" intimated.

Those "fear mongers", as you put it, were looking at several forecast models which told them the storm might be pretty bad in New York, and Boston for that matter. So, it comes down to which scientific forecast model one believes, nothing to do with "fear". Cold science.

Originally Posted By: CrawfishTails

Those "fear mongers", as you put it, were looking at several forecast models which told them the storm might be pretty bad in New York, and Boston for that matter. So, it comes down to which scientific forecast model one believes, nothing to do with "fear". Cold science.

All the forcasts that we listen to on cbs, nbc, abc said 2 feet for Phila. And NY got much less than called for. Yea many computer models as per TWC but in my area it truly was "fear mongering"

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CrawfishTails

Yup, the same fear mongers that told people to leave before Sandy, Katrina, etc but some did not heed resulting in their deaths.

I recall listening to recorded 911 calls where people who did not leave before a hurricane expecting emergency people to come out and get them. The operator indicated "we aren't sending anyone out to help you"; the dead silence on the other end of the phone was prophetic.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MalfunctionProne
No blizzard... [censored].

I am suing NJ for lost wages.

So, you're surprised the weatherman was wrong, again?

I'm surprised when he's right.
smile.gif

Its not that bad. I am right near you. The Kabota AWD cleared it in less than an hour. LOL
JK its a ball buster alright. Time for a tractor my friend.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
OK, so let me understand; you are upset because the mother nature did not bestow you with this??

tvdnx12.jpg

Do you live in Weymouth, Mass too? That looks a LOT like how my old Volvo did in Boston Blizzard 2013. (*which was an actual, real blizzard. Not like this fake NJ B.S.)

Btw... Boston, and South Shore, are you getting clobbered by it right now?

And yes, I was lied to by my radio and I am upset.

Originally Posted By: deven
Well it isnt a dud where I live. At 32 inches and counting....

I like New England. They KEEP their blizzard warnings.

I used to live in 02188, so.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: MalfunctionProne
That looks a LOT like how my old Volvo did in Boston Blizzard 2013.

Pretty sure Vikas did not shred any tires though and did not blow a transmission.

At 7:00pm news it was 36" and it was still coming down for at least two more hours. I cleaned the snow five times since the beginning of the storm. It was probably the worst since 2007 as that is when I started cleaning on my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back