Oil filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Sierra048
Originally Posted By: tratman2000
Ac delco once was good but I stopped useing them when they went to ecore design I had one I cut open and not pretty. The internals were lopsided. cage was still intact and pleats looked acceptable but not like the old design.

Just for clarification, the PF63s I used, and have in reserve, are not Ecore.

Yea I fiqured that but it seams they are doing away with the old style and going to ecores at least in my area they are all ecore ac delcos. I didn't even realize I'd been running one until I cut it open. Just gotta check it before you buy one or if you like ecores go right ahead. I personly don't like the plastic cage design.

AC Delco, with the ecore, appears to becoming more FRAM-like every day.

That filter cartridge with the "cardboard" endcaps looks like a Tough Guard with a plastic inner cage.

It's amazing that people love the FRAMs but hate the ecores.

Rank Group will probably continue to merge their product lines until the only difference is the color of the can.

Originally Posted By: rokwldr
There is so much B.S. about oil filters I can't believe it. I have been using AC Delco blue filters for 15 years, they are good and less than $5 at Walmart. Three vehicles and well over a million miles, not one problem. All this and using Mobil 10 30. So I guess it is what ever blows you're skirt up. At this time the oil in my 2006 GMC Canyon is at 12,000 miles and I will change it at 15,000 as always.

All this (having an increased interest in, discussing, and trying out different motor oil, oil filters, etc.) became like a hobby for me I guess after I started following BITOG, which hasn't really been that long ago, but I do understand what you mean. Before BITOG, I only used conventional motor oil (PYB and Castrol) and basic oil filters (Purolator, Federated Auto Parts, Hastings) in all of my vehicles, and I never had one problem either.

skirt, SKIRT that sir is a Kilt.
wink.gif

15k on the oil and filter, you'll fit right in here.

ROD

I like ACDelcos. Good filters. I used to buy them at Walmart but they started to sell the ecores and i stopped but you still can find the non-ecores at Oreilly's or advance. The cage inside is nylon. You can tell the difference between the two by putting them side by side and looking inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back