Who shreds their own cheese?

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I use one of those box graters previously shown for grating cheese to go on pasta, pizza etc....

I much prefer these
victorinox-rex-vegetable-peeler-62.5c.jpg

for making thin cheese strips for toast, grilled cheese on toast, or in sandwiches.

They are around half the thickness of a regular "cheese slice", but fresh, and if layered on either side of the ham/silverside, are much more satisfying than a chink of sliced block cheese.

If doing rarebit, the shavings melt much much quicker also.

Using/shredding real cheese as opposed to the fairly fake stuff? There's no comparison. We don't eat a lot of cheese, but when we do we only use real cheese. For example, if you've ever tasted real mozzarella, it's vastly more flavorful than the fake stuff sold to put on the product that Americans think is real pizza.

Try making a real Italian pizza with real mozzarella sometime.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Using/shredding real cheese as opposed to the fairly fake stuff? There's no comparison. We don't eat a lot of cheese, but when we do we only use real cheese. For example, if you've ever tasted real mozzarella, it's vastly more flavorful than the fake stuff sold to put on the product that Americans think is real pizza.

Yes, I love it; That's if were talking about the same thing. Whenever in the US I buy the logs of pre-sliced fresh mozzarella or the little pearls from BG. It's so tasty.

I love Italian buffalo's milk mozz too!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Olas
When I saw the post I thought 'shredding your own cheese' was a euphemism, but it's a question?! Bags of shredded cheese? Wow! You really do learn something every day

You would be surprised with all the pre-processed stuff we can get here... Heck you would be blown away with what gets called "cheese" here too.

Originally Posted By: GSCJR
Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit

Yes, I love it; That's if were talking about the same thing. Whenever in the US I buy the logs of pre-sliced fresh mozzarella or the little pearls from BG. It's so tasty.

I love Italian buffalo's milk mozz too!

Slices, again, not even necessarily overlapping....not the pizza hut/dominos inch thick stringy goo...or :hurl: stuffed crust.

Originally Posted By: CT8
Originally Posted By: ueberooo
Here's something about processed cheese you need to be aware of (not sure if shredded is anywhere near as bad as the below type). Apparently there are ingredients (large amounts of aluminum salts) that don't need to be listed in american cheese:

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/aluminum-in-vaccines-vs-food/#transcript

http://www.google.com/search?q=aluminum+in+processed+cheese

Most prepared foods are barren of nutrition and full on toxics.

http://ukexpress.org/world/australia/why...n-the-open-air/

ewwwwww

Just bought several blocks of Kraft cheese on sale and put them in the freezer. it is just amazing how much better it tastes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back