Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
Originally Posted By: rockydee
Bought LINE on the open..

I snagged it at $10 this morning along with CALL options, I sold the stock at $11.50. I'll hold the calls and see how it plays out.-RD

Nice!

Thank you. I've been trading stock and options for a lot of years. It allowed me an early retirement, and to come and go as I please.-RD

Originally Posted By: wowthisexists
LOL at OP posting about SUNW or LU back in 2004.
Both are $0 today.

That's why I prefer ETF's or Mutual Funds.

Last edited:
Bought LINE on the open..

I snagged it at $10 this morning along with CALL options, I sold the stock at $11.50. I'll hold the calls and see how it plays out.-RD

Nice!

Thank you. I've been trading stock and options for a lot of years. It allowed me an early retirement, and to come and go as I please.-RD

I should have done the same. SDRL took another hit this AM.

http://www.businessinsider.com/bond-market-panic-phase-of-financial-crisis-2015-1

Told you guys bonds were the place to be most of last year and it doesn't look to be slowing down. TLT/TMF. We now have a record low sovereign bond yields in all of the developed world.

The modern money theory economists were right; the Fed, bank of Japan, ECB etc. is actually trying to get rates to rise and they can't; market participants keep shoving them down. I'm still not sure why; deflationary headwinds from demographics, technology etc. If you look at where 10 year yields are in Japan, Germany, France etc., there's still a lot of room for yields to fall in the USA.

With the Big Rally we had today I thought maybe we would see some buying in the oil stocks.... NOT.....maybe were going lower. Gold Miners are looking good here.

http://www.businessinsider.com/30-year-treasury-yield-falling-2015-1

Long term trendline from the 2009 bottom in stocks to now - resistance trendline of the 30 year US government bond to the SP500 has broken to the upside. I think that spells trouble for stocks; that divergance has played out for a year now where longterm US treasuries have been outperforming stocks while stocks make new highs.

Last edited:
I had a feeling we would bottom today. It now appears that the rest of the indices are now following the $RUT's sideways action. Which is basically trendless and in a trading range. Gold and Gold miners looking good. Oil is still in the bottoming process. LINE apppears to have good support around the $9.62 area.GL

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Oil such as ???

I was thinking about VDE.

The ticker symbol: OIL
smile.gif

Any body invest in Bank stocks ?

I'm up quite nicely and bought when they all took a hit during housing bubble. As of today:

BAC +221%
BBT +103%
USB +195%
WFC +22%

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Any body invest in Bank stocks ?

I'm up quite nicely and bought when they all took a hit during housing bubble. As of today:

BAC +221%
BBT +103%
USB +195%
WFC +22%

I bought BAC at that time when it was under $6, but sold it later.

I just sold BOFI yesterday as it took a digger and came back for a
nice little profit for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back