have the right parts? oilwter seperator 98 corolla

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all:)
Just went too homedepot,andbought a husky oil/water seperator. Stopped at NAPA,and bought 4feet of PCV line. its 3/8 line,and used a pvc valve too makesure it fit.
ok! i bought 2- 1/4 inch auto line nipples. Only 3/8they had, came in a kit. They did havea larger oil water seperator, 3/8 , butgot the 1/4.
The 1/4 inch autovalve nipple,was a pita too stuff in the 3/8 PVC line.but got it. they had red painted on the threads.and didnt thread ALL the way too nipple base, on the 1/4 oil water seperator.
DO i have all the right stuff/parts? something is telling me too return them, and get the3/8 oil water seperator, MUCH LARGER, and 3/8nipples...
Im looking too put this, between the PCV valve and intake.

Looks like you are trying to make a home made oil catch can. What are you trying to accomplish on a 17 year old vehicle?

Originally Posted By: MrQuackers
Why hate on the 98?

because internet rumoured that 98 and the likes will burn oil like a mosquito fogger.

Me don't care about all these postings. Currently in my maintained fleet I have 2 high mileage rollas: 1 is a 98, another one is a 96 (the previous 99 in my maintenance fleet (belonged to my SIL) was totaled), both burns a little bit of oil (around 1quart every 3500~5k OCI), but nevertheless, the rate has been stable given their mileage (one is around 265k, the other one is 220k approx.)

None of these engines babied with all sorts of silly gadgets like boutique syn oils, oil catch can, HM oil for seal swelling, etc. Just a diet of PYB or previously stealership bulk conventional oil.

Q.

yes! i am trying too make a hoemade oil catch can: ) for fun, and for a cleaner intake.
so..im wanting too know, did i purchase the right stuff? again, i bought the 1/4 oil water seperator, and autonipple, same section, 1/4 inch. wa able too squeeze the nipples into the 3/8 pvc lin i bought from napa..
or should i return that, and get the larger container, which is 3/8nipple/line?

Thank you Kris:) very informative and detailed pics!
the husky seperator, says it has 1/4ports. The 3/8 nipples* you screw in, willfit the 1/4 thread port on the husky oil/water seperator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back