U151E Transmission Interchange Lexus to Toyota

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am shopping for a rebuilt or used transmission for my 2004 FWD Toyota Sienna, which takes a U151E trans. Found one online but it is for Lexus 2007. Seller lists different part number for my van, but wondering if it would still fit and most importantly work right. It is a great price and factory reman.

Seems like gear ratio would be right. Newer trans has no dipstick, no big deal. The sienna ecu should work?? What else am I missing?

One of the things that I might suggest is to go to or call your local Toyota & Lexus dealerships and have the part counter bring up both the '04 and '07 part #'s(as if you were buying a NEW Tranny). If they are both indeed the same part # then, they may/should be interchangeable with one another.

This will help you decide if the used tranny from the '07 Lexus will fit your '04 Sienna!
smile.gif

Good luck,

CB

Last edited:
Looking at part numbers for rebuilt transmissions, they are indeed different part numbers. Not 100% sure that it would not have worked.

A local trans shop quoted me $2100 to rebuild the existing tranny, so that is what I am going to have them do.

They are absolutely going to have different part numbers, but that doesn't mean they won't interchange.

Since one is the "sealed" unit and the other the normal dipstick type, they'd have different numbers based on that fact alone. But that doesn't relate necessarily to dimensions, valving, etc. I'd try asking on a Toyota specific forum; someone at toyotanation.com or clublexus would now the answer definitively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back